Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 2-3 years ago

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 3-5 years ago

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • > 5 years ago

Votes: 31 55.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silvertank

When was the last time you read a copy of the highway code?

The last time I read it was when I did my test - years ago. So I picked a copy up over Christmas and read it - it's amazing the information I'd forgotten.

I think we all see lots of 'bad' driving. But what amzes me, is the amount of 'bad' driving we see, and the driver of the vehicle is either oblivious to the fact they've nearly caused an accident or are adamant they are the ones in the right.

Last edited:
I challenge all those people who haven't read a copy for ages to pick one up (they cost a couple of quid) and have a read. It's amazing how much you will have forgotten you knew! ;)

I've "reviewed" it in the past 12 months - only because DD was learning to drive ;)

pammy said:
I've "reviewed" it in the past 12 months - only because DD was learning to drive ;)

I last read it when my wife did her test about 10 years ago. Prior to that I cannot remember when.:eek:

Good question,
Three or four years ago when number one son was studying for his test. Number one daughter is soon going to start having lessons, so it will be out with the code again. :eek: :eek:

As my old sergeant used to say, "The day we pass our test, is the day we start developing bad habits!" :)

Regards,
John

Just a few months ago, when a friend who's doing her test was asking me what an Urban Clearway was...
I borrowed it for while, it's an interesting read.
I agree there are things you think you know but don't...

BTW it is available online here, in case you can't be bothered going out to buy a copy.

karl

I keep a copy in the down stairs loo!:cool:

John - I hope the same didn't apply to your PWT.

Silvertank said:
I keep a copy in the down stairs loo!:cool:

John - I hope the same didn't apply to your PWT.
:D Dead eye **** (Richard :) )rules okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom