Hit 10,000 miles and nearly killed myself..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGBlack

Car
E63S (Black)
This might be a silly post, it might be too many late nights but is this possible..

Since changing my CL63 Bi-turbo, for my E63 AMG (S) I was slightly disappointed in the performance of the E. The CL always felt faster.. :confused:

The CL at exchange had 32,000 miles and the E less than 3,000.

I have a wonderful set of roads around where I live, straight, see for miles and no speed cameras possible (no lay-bys, flyovers or space to park). It is where I always unleash the beast and have "measured the performance" at various yardsticks.

Yesterday, I hit 10, 000 miles on the E63 and something immediately happened..

It went mental, the push, the power, the noise has all suddenly changed.
It is blisteringly fast, had me yelling oh my god with astonishment.
Thats what 585 horses is supposed to feel like. Since then, it has performed in the same brutal, bonkers way when plonking the foot down.
It is now 20mph faster at the first marker than before, and that is nuts..

I know this is daft, but as soon as I hit 10,000 miles it has gone from crazy fast to *&^%$^&$* mental. :eek:

Is it possible as it hit 10,000 miles something in the car changed. The ECU has evoked a new map, as it has "run in"... :confused:

I have checked the number plates, it is mine..
I didnt pick another up by accident lol.

Are you sure you didn't have something stuck under the throttle?;-). Very strange indeed and I am sure there wouldn't be anything programmed in but what a result that you now having all that power just like getting a new car. I take it the car was running fine before and all sounded good as? I have 300 miles before I hit the magic 10k and am now looking forward in anticipation.

I think you should pop back to EC Rob for a cuppa and show me just how much faster it is:bannana:

Glad to see your still enjoying you toy.
Ade.

Are you sure you didn't have something stuck under the throttle?;-). Very strange indeed and I am sure there wouldn't be anything programmed in but what a result that you now having all that power just like getting a new car. I take it the car was running fine before and all sounded good as? I have 300 miles before I hit the magic 10k and am now looking forward in anticipation.

Hi Acej,
Yeah, I wondered if it was anything obvious. Different fuel, comfort mode etc.
Car was fine before, well maybe it wasn't now its behaving like a lunatic.
I have tried to find anything about it online, but nothing as you can imagine but it is one hell of a difference all of a sudden.

Just appears odd, that I hit 10,000 and wham...
Inject missile in rear..

I think you should pop back to EC Rob for a cuppa and show me just how much faster it is:bannana:

Glad to see your still enjoying you toy.
Ade.

Hells Teeth...
Hey, Adrian.. perhaps I should :)

Any dogs that need running over?

Years and Years a go I had a Yamaha 125DTR from new, I ran it in properly etc as you do.

One day I went to work, as I was leaving work it started to rain so I opened up the throttle all of a sudden the bike had so much power it was almost pulling wheelies every time I opened up the throttle to full.

Weird.

Same thing here. At 12k ours went ballistic too !

Not on the same level but my Lexus IS200 did the same at 6000miles.

LooneyLeon said:
Years and Years a go I had a Yamaha 125DTR from new, I ran it in properly etc as you do. One day I went to work, as I was leaving work it started to rain so I opened up the throttle all of a sudden the bike had so much power it was almost pulling wheelies every time I opened up the throttle to full. Weird.
That could be down to the fuel mixture ,
I had a Suzuki gt185 two stroke and when it was
About to run out of fuel it went ballistic ;)

It's perfectly possible - and not uncommon - for ECU's to have a pre-programmed running-in period, but these are more commonly in Hours rather than Miles. The ECU on my Morgan 3-Wheeler limits revs to about 3000 for the first 2 hours of use, then open it up to about 4500 until 20 hours running. After that, it opens up and allows full revs. Very easy for the manufacturers to do.

But I'd suggest that 10,000 miles is a little extreme as a restricted running period and I'd be amazed if that was the case. The AMGs used at M-B World all start new and those always feel awesomely fast from the off, although of course they might ALL be restricted I guess......!

Either way, a big motor will always take a long time to bed in, so will always feel better the longer you keep it.

That could be down to the fuel mixture ,
I had a Suzuki gt185 two stroke and when it was
About to run out of fuel it went ballistic ;)

Hello buddy, thing is, it then always had more power after that day, it was like it had freed itself up if that makes sense. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom