Hmmm. Y Reg W202. Discuss ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very late R129?

Need 4 proper seats.

Indian w124 might fit the bill though they came as late as a 51 plate I believe :)

Reactions: 219
From memory, and having had one, the estates don't seem to suffer from rust to anything like the same degree as saloons. Before my P reg estate became a pile of mangled metal there was no rust at all on it. I think it's because the wagons were all built in Germany,

My T reg C43 estate rusted like a good un.

My dad ran an N reg C180 from 2-4 years old and it was a solid thing. Got a stone chip on the boot and you could see the many layers of paint and protection on these. Later had an S reg and the paint was nowhere near as good.

Used to see the N reg around town until a year or so ago. Had north of 200k according to MOT site and not rusty. S reg is long gone.

Need 4 proper seats.

Indian w124 might fit the bill though they came as late as a 51 plate I believe :)
I was reading that W140 also continued to be assembled in India after W220 came out here .

I forgot that my pal scrapped this recently , low mileage and mechanically excellent , with nice interior , but had been lying in this field for a few years , so completely rotten .

IMG_3281.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3283.jpeg

I always think , too , how similar the back end of the S202 is to the S203 .

But more upright and a better estate car. That said, the 203 has more elbow room, comfier seats and COMAND. Mine has done 10,000 miles in the last five months, 700 since Tuesday and despite spending far too long in traffic jams (7 hours overall) I don't feel beaten up.
I am averaging an hour stationary per hundred miles which knocks a good third off the average speed. I have decided not to buy a newer Mercedes. The money will be spent on a bigger aeroplane as it is now a more practical way of getting around the country than a motor car!

Reactions: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom