• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How do I know if I have a Valeo Rad?

mbzclk

Car
An AMG
Hi
Just curious to find out how I know if I have a valeo or not?

I saw a sticker near the fan and I think it was on the radiator unit and it said Behr or beru or similar i think but i dont think it said valeo, does it mean i do not have a valeo rad? I will double check

and does it apply to the 6spd sequentronic box?

thanks

Hi

I saw a sticker near the fan and I think it was on the radiator unit and it said Behr or beru or similar i think but i dont think it said valeo, does it mean i do not have a valeo rad? I will double check

thanks

both Valeo and Behr supply rads for Mercedes.

sounds like you have a Behr,

why do you ask ?

Hi

thanks
Yes, fairly sure Behr was the other radiator manufacturer used in production and they didn't fail like the Valeo rad.

Yes, fairly sure Behr was the other radiator manufacturer used in production and they didn't fail like the Valeo rad.

Unfortunately this problem is not limited to Valeo radiators, the Behr ones can fail as well

Afaik the problem was with the original design which was supplied to both Valeo and Behr for manufacture of said radiators, so checking to see which one you have is no guarantee of not having a problem

the design has changed several times over the years and if you are worried then it may be worth replacing the original with a new one as preventative maintenance.

They aren't that expensive to buy so well worth it for the peace of mind IMO

Have a sequentronic gearbox which is an electronic 6spd manual, so i assume it dont apply to me?

thanks

Well , looking at the document it suggests that the problem doesn't affect the w208 CLK's , so i guess you should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom