How many w211 E500 estates are there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bullit69

Car
Audi tt 225
As the title says. How many are there in the UK?
How many people own them here?
3 have been up for sale in the last month online, do they come up often?
I'm in the market to buy buthe don't want a molested one if you k ow what I mean.

Which ones?

The 5.0's or the 5.5's?

5.0's are more common, the latter like hen's teeth.

I have a 5.0.

I don't have a complete answer but I do have a partial one, thanks to the howmanyleft website that lists numbers of each car model. Unfortunately Merc doesn't differentiate between saloon and estate in their model descriptor so it's only possible to know how many E500s there are in total.

The answer to the W211 question is that there are 85 of the 5.0 and then 63 of the 5.5 - but estates are less common so will be only a fraction of those numbers.

More talk of E500s and more stats in this thread here

Last edited:
Thanks that's very informative.

I was looking for the 5.0. To be fair idea take a 5.5.
Must have been a fluke that 3 cam up in quick succession.
I wasn't ready to buy until now and the black stances one wasn't for me.
I'll just have to wait and keep my ear to the ground.

I'll be selling my E500 Elegance in Spring 2017

I'll sell my 2004 E500 Elegance Estate this Easter / early Summer, but won't do it until I've sourced its replacement.

I'm in no hurry because my replacement is only going to get cheaper as the months go by.

My personal guess is that Saloons outnumber Estates 10:1, but others disagree and say it's only 5:1.

Great family cars: Tardis like luggage capacity, yet compact on the road & extremely family friendly.

I bought it as an S Class Estate. Ideal for second homes / touring holidays. Insanely reliable.

Good luck - know that it's an expensive luxury car, so look for servicing.

Thanks for the heads up.
That black avantgard e500 was close to what I was after but it wore it's age internally. Wasn't sure about the coil overs. I like to keep things original.
Am I regretting not buying it now...... who knows

Regarding up keep. I have a good friend who is an absolute wizard of a tech. Currently now hired to build race cars so he'll keep it straight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom