how to close my account on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you lot left ages ago!! :D

Oh for God's sake...I'm not one for upsetting people as I like to leave everyone to their own devices but im going to make an exception this time as I reckon this is getting silly.... and it seems to be unique to this forum. I've never known so many people post up about wanting to leave...I mean WHY? If you want to leave then just dont visit again!

Having someone disagree with you or possibly upset you is always going to be a possibility on a public forum so just get on with it. Putting a post up letting everyone know you want to leave just smacks of attention seeking.

I'm not saying I want you or anyone else to leave...in fact, it would be a shame as one less member is one less valuable input into the forum. But thats your choice and I can see no reason why such a subject needs a dedicated post!

Couldn't agree more. I blame Big Brother!

:rolleyes: I think mr sspeed may have left already...
last activity 1.32pm today ...gone but not forgotten

Last edited:
Taking the prompt from MD5 and checking the data (gulp)

559 views on this post. Thats a big audience. Far more views than anything else today. Where did they all come from:dk:

Its not just this side...Simon is now threatening to leave the other side...toys prams etc...

Last edited:
I think because (in my experience) this forum is one of the friendlier, more measured, intelligent ones out there, it makes any sniping or negativity feel a bit more personal if it does happen. In fairness to the OP, some of the responses to the speeding thread seemed a bit holier than thou and sanctimonious. Therefore I can empathise, to a point, with the frustration.

However, this is a forum. A place for often conflicting opinions to be aired, and everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint, regardless. Perhaps the OP needs to be a bit more thick skinned if someone adopts an abrasive or overtly provocative stance...

This happens because posters come on expecting sympathy and don't get it. Then it's toys out the pram time.

Some people need to learn and accept they are the author of their own misfortune. And that if they post said misfortune on a public forum at least one person will point out that fact to them.

Not helped by the OPs tendency to attempt to back track and deny they whined by saying they were informing us all for our own benefit.

As in above posts, leaving a forum is easy - just quit posting. Unless the leaver is getting abusive PMs, quitting posting will work very well.

I've never known so many people post up about wanting to leave...I mean WHY? If you want to leave then just dont visit again!

I disagree. Firstly that theory works both ways. If you're not interested in reading an "I'm leaving" post, then don't read it. Secondly, I think it's wrong for people to slope off without knowing why they felt the need. Let's translate it to a gathering in a pub. If they put their pint down and walked out, you'd think he was "throwing his toys out of his pram".

I disagree. Firstly that theory works both ways. If you're not interested in reading an "I'm leaving" post, then don't read it. Secondly, I think it's wrong for people to slope off without knowing why they felt the need. Let's translate it to a gathering in a pub. If they put their pint down and walked out, you'd think he was "throwing his toys out of his pram".

You disagree? Why of course you can...this is an open forum!

Your viewpoint is another way of looking at it but it is your viewpoint and I respect that.

Nevertheless, I cant relate to the example you've described so, IMO you're wrong ;)

Note...try not to take me too seriously :rock:

Let's translate it to a gathering in a pub. If they put their pint down and walked out, you'd think he was "throwing his toys out of his pram".

If there were 36,592 people in the pub, would anyone really notice?

Ok if you insist. We'll let you go. Don't forget to turn the light off. :)

A collective message to all potential leavers:

Don't do it, whatever is wrong we can fix this, help is available.

A collective message to all potential leavers:

Don't do it, whatever is wrong we can fix this, help is available.

markjay's arbitration line is open for business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom