how to close my account on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would, if it was his round.

Let us hope that Simon decides to stay on board. :thumb:

Sounds like a good time to depart, just when it's your turn to buy 36,591 people a beer... :rolleyes:

I disagree. Firstly that theory works both ways. If you're not interested in reading an "I'm leaving" post, then don't read it. Secondly, I think it's wrong for people to slope off without knowing why they felt the need. Let's translate it to a gathering in a pub. If they put their pint down and walked out, you'd think he was "throwing his toys out of his pram".
Speaking from experience, you make a very good point.
In my early:crazy: days on here, I struggled to take the debate in context and spat the proverbial dummy out :rolleyes:. It wasn't an attention thing when I said goodbye, it was an explanation why I was leaving.
Being the first and only forum that I have joined, I didn't quite understand why other members would try and flush an argument, I thought it was personal. Which I know now wasn't the case but such is life.
And like someone said to me on this very forum at the time.....
Opinions are like ar5eholes- everyone has them, the problem is when ar5eholes have opinions.....:thumb:

In your case Sweetpea, you did indeed provide an explanation.
But when the poster is leaving after an obvious spat (usually because they didn't get the response they wanted) then no 'Delete my account' thread required. Better to stop posting, cool off, and retain option to return. Why burn bridges. We've all been there though!

Maybe we need a new section on the forum.......

Just like we have "New Member Introductions", why can't we have "Pi$$ed Off Member Flounces"

never_say_goodbye_say_ciao_hat-p148424020102628995qz14_400.jpg

or a "I want to be let alone." thread...

What about a 'you've implicitly belittled my manhood by winning an argument' section?

Just don't sign in again....... that's the easiest way. I'm Administrator of my own forum & it;s a hard job keeping everyone happy. I have a great team of Mods who organise things though.

What about a 'you've implicitly belittled my manhood by winning an argument' section?

OR: 'You've failed as my last hope of any sympathy after my wife, family and friends all said I was a d!ck' section?

Am I the only one to think this thread is rather unpleasant?

+ 1.

The Threadstarter was online 45 mins ago so seems it was all a storm in a teacup.

Am I the only one to think this thread is rather unpleasant?

There are some light-hearted quips on this thread, there are also some pretty heartless ones too, perhaps time to close it?

I'll leave if this thread is closed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom