How To Track My Car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akmal17

I got the Vin number or chassis number of our car today and i wanted to know if there is a way of tracking it? i spoke to the salesman and he admitted today that the car can come today, tomorrow! so i was wondering if anyone would know how to check up on this?

Thanks,
AkMaL

Not from the Vin mate, well AFAIK anyway. It will only tell you year or manufacture, and you know that.:crazy:

At least it's in sight.:bannana: :bannana:

How did you get on with the Sales Manager???????????

well.....went to the dealer today and salesman who dealt with us wasnt in (probably hiding from us) lolz but the peson who we spoke to (not sales manager) took us into a room and showed us all cars on order and was saying that our car is built (we already knew that!) (it was supposed to have been built on the 20th, 21st and 22nd) and he then said tht the car had left the factory and is in transit. sounds good but do any of use whos have taken deliveryof new cars (especially brian and richard who are New e class owners) know how long it took to get their car from when it left the factory?
(thats my message regarding visit to dealer in the 'e class to be replaced by e class' thread.

today i rand up and told salesman who dealt with our sale that ive been told the car has left factory and the car is in transit. and so the salesman then said......oh ur right......it is in transit....and this was saturday......so according to my dad car should be here in the uk now?

Brian, do you know how long it took to get your car from when it left the factory?

Originally posted by akmal17

Brian, do you know how long it took to get your car from when it left the factory?

About two or three days, mine came on a transporter via the ferry I think. Then they need to prepare it which could take another two days, or as long as they like if you don't press them mate.:rolleyes:

so if it took 2 or 3 days then that means car should arrive today or tomorrow (and if it arrives tomorrow then we can avoid the price increase:confused: :) ) and then tuesday and wednesday to prepare it and then collection on thursday. hopefully everything will go okay and no more delays.

thanks

This has got to be the only industry where you can deliver later than promised and charge MORE as a consequence.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Shude
This has got to be the only industry where you can deliver later than promised and charge MORE as a consequence.:rolleyes:

lolz.....hahahahahaha so true!

lolz.....hahahahahaha so true!
No really! If only I could say "sorry it's a month late, £750 more please". Like anyone in their right mind would pay up! They have the car business sewn up don't they? Every other business has to deliver on time or charge LESS for the inconvenience.:mad:

Originally posted by Shude
No really! If only I could say "sorry it's a month late, £750 more please". Like anyone in their right mind would pay up! They have the car business sewn up don't they? Every other business has to deliver on time or charge LESS for the inconvenience.:mad:

btw i forgot to put a :crazy: :mad: :crazy: sign so my post looked like i was laughing. but really im :mad:
oh well.....lets just hope i get the car this week :)

Sorry.

Bad news mate.

My personal experience recently with MB London has been for a CLK320 (new) ...

They delivered with 3 miles on the clock.

But it took 4 weeks from build date to delivery. Picked it up this week ... but it was built (allegedly) at the end of August ... they told me that 3-4 weeks average is about right for built, pack, ship, and PDI + dealership installed-parts.

I just figure its 'cos they take their time to rub the protective wax off the new cars !!

Hehe. Either way. Enjoy your motor when it arrives. Beautiful machines !!

Regards.

Chris.//

4 weeks? please NO! lets hope mine follows the routes of another tealite blue purchase and not your car:p hopefully delivery in 3 days and 2 days dealership stuff...

My new E was due at the dealer on 25th (not sure when it was made though). It is actually arriving today having been damaged in transit:( only a minor ding on passenger door that they assure me will not be noticeable by the time it arrives with them - assume Merc must have a place over here for this.

They are planning on delivering it to me next Tuesday:bannana: but are invoicing today so no increase:p

Hope they sort yours out quickly.

Last edited:
They are planning on delivering it to me next Tuesday:bannana: but are invoicing today so no increase:p

do you think they can do that for me as well?

do you think they can do that for me as well?

It's got to be worth asking them.

From what I understand, if they have the VIN they can effectively register it - but I assume they have to physically have the car.

I'd get on to them and give them some serious stick, it's not peanuts we're talking about.

Good luck.

OG

btw, how much extra would you have had to pay if your car came in oct? and which e class are you getting and what options? thanks

btw, how much extra would you have had to pay if your car came in oct? and which e class are you getting and what options? thanks

E200 Kompressor
Black
Manual:devil:
Leather Twin
5 Twin Spoke 8.5j x 17 wheels
Sports Suspension
Integrated Rear Child Seats
Split Fold Rear Seats
De-badged

I think the difference would have been about £700 but don't quote me, it's a company purchase, that could just be what they are telling me, I can't imagine more than 1.5% inc on the base price excluding extras which would be more like £400 in my case.

While I'm penning this Merc have just phoned and asked if they can deliver it this Friday instead of next Tuesday... oh go on then!

Cheers
OG

Last edited:

While I'm penning this Merc have just phoned and asked if they can deliver it this Friday instead of next Tuesday... oh go on then!

Cheers
OG [/B]

If only they said that to me as well :( :crazy: :(
no phone call for me today either and so this means our car didnt arrive today either :( Im getting impatient! HeLp!

GL with your car...and dont forget the piccies :)

As long as the dealership has a V55 with the cars details on or a COC then they can register the car.

whats a v55 or a coc? :confused:
anyway.....car is arriving on tuesday and we shall have it on friday hopefuly :) going to talk to salesman on tuesday to negotiate the price increase:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom