• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How/when did you meet your better half?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date Start date
Went to primary school together, we were in the same class at school. I do remember her, in fact we lived only 500 yards away from each other, but kids of that age don't really have much to do with the opposite sex. 35 years later we started chatting on Facebook, she was working as an English teacher in Italy, long story short, we've been married 5 years.
Memories - met at the primary school when I was about 9, she lived no more than 300 yards away just round the corner, started dating when I was about 16 or 17, that continued on and off for a few years, eventually after a number of break ups and make ups we got engaged about the time she finished Uni at Leicester, planned and booked the wedding for Sept 15th 1973 about 6 weeks after my graduation - invitaitions out, cake made and decorated by the retired baker, father of one of my uncles, reception booked, banns read, the full bifta. Then I graduated and started getting job offers in USA and middle east - and 6 weeks before the wedding she pulled the plug! Not long thereafter I got the job offer I accepted in Ireland, went there and met the carhire girl I got engaged to in June 1974, married in 1975 and am still married to. I also heard that previous fiancee within 12 months had married someone she worked with - a fellow education welfare officer in Woolwich - and moved to the west country. I'm actually thankful that she did pull the plug, as with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight I know she would not have accepted where my career took me, whereas my wife did. To this day I would love to know that she also feels her decision was right, but (possibly thankfully) I have no way of contacting her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom