• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Interesting cars on your road

I'd assumed it was a Rover V8, I hadn't realised it was the 4.6 Mustang lump.
His is a manual box too.
Not a particularly special looking car, but it's probably a fabulous 'Q' car.
There’s a couple round ‘our way’.
One of them is well used and the other has the weird 2 tone paint which really ****s with my head because I’m colour blind. This one is regularly at the Knebworth Classic Car show.IMG_1448.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd assumed it was a Rover V8, I hadn't realised it was the 4.6 Mustang lump.
His is a manual box too.
Not a particularly special looking car, but it's probably a fabulous 'Q' car.
Reengineered for rear wheel drive too. Incredible that it was ever approved.

Last edited:
Ok....I'll play !
One of those stupidly priced brand new Ineos Grenadier Defender rip offs in white...at 73k it does indeed prove that there is one born every minute.
Various boring SUV clones.
An old Freelancer.
An EV black cab on charge....the only EV in the street so far.
An ALFA Giulia Quad (love it!).
A Rover 75...in silver green.
Skoda SUV on the same drive as a mint 99 Honda S2000.
A mint early Focus RS on dark blue....looks like new and polished weekly but with well over 100,000 miles on
A couple of small Korean hatches.
Old Volvo 740 estate thats driven daily.
And finally an A169 A Class, an.ALFA 159 and a pretty sad looking and abused Ford Ranger pick up.......all on my drive!

Not a lot to speak of in my small village.
House two doors away has a very old Riley under a cover. The house has been empty for years and the car is rotting away.
Just round the corner the guy has a facelift Reliant Scimitar which occasionally comes out on a Sunday. Previously had an MG RV8 and a lotus thingy.
Two doors away from him are two houses that both have F types - both garage queens, and two/three doors down there is a Rover 75 which is never used. It could be something special as the house is owned by the infamous John Towers.
Think that’s about it.

There’s a couple round ‘our way’.
One of them is well used and the other has the weird 2 tone paint which really ****s with my head because I’m colour blind. This one is regularly at the Knebworth Classic Car show.View attachment 151319
Chameleon paint...pretty cool until you ding it and need a panel resprayed. I think Nissan offered something similar on the Primera.

Various FF Range Rovers, Nissan GTR, Lambo Huracan , a Brabus G Wagon...the one that really stopped me in my tracks was a nice, but not extraordinary, house on my road that has a couple of white Citroëns parked outside in the driveway, quite recent models, C3/C4, etc, not really sure as not really my thing. One day I was walking past and the owner had the garage door open and sitting inside was a gorgeous silver over blue Rolls Rolls Ghost , 2015 model, I stopped and stared before moving on, lest I looked like I was casing the joint !..he takes it out most Sundays for a drive...beautiful thing

I’d like to think some of us are doing ‘our bit’ to keep things interesting over the years ;)

IMG_9204.jpeg

Anti-EV protester in the making! :D

Next door neighbour has a Cayenne with the V8 engine. Three doors away an Audi RS5 with modified exhaust and an early 90s 911. Only 7 houses in the road. The rest, us included, just have ordinary cars.

Those 'chameleon' paints were an option on TVRs for some time, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom