Howard's Raspberry CLK430

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If anything , i'd go for a red and black maple one ...

Bet that's going to be easy to find !! :crazy:
Hmm

Attachments

• RaspberrycabinMaple.jpg
    RaspberrycabinMaple.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 51
It has 73k on it , it's a Y ( 2001 ) ....

Just had a B service before i bought it too !! :bannana:

Today , i have learned a valuable lesson as well ..

When changing your wheels , don't leave the locking wheel key in the road and drive off ..... :crazy:

Went to Brooklands to get a new one ( £23.75 sir ) , and they are out of stock , they will get it in for me for tomorrow ....

Must say , MBWorld is impressive isn't it ? :eek:

It has 73k on it , it's a Y ( 2001 ) ....

Just had a B service before i bought it too !! :bannana:

Today , i have learned a valuable lesson as well ..

When changing your wheels , don't leave the locking wheel key in the road and drive off ..... :crazy:

Went to Brooklands to get a new one ( £23.75 sir ) , and they are out of stock , they will get it in for me for tomorrow ....

Must say , MBWorld is impressive isn't it ? :eek:

It's not bad as as a parts counter goes, much nicer than queuing up at GSF etc.. ;)

At least you get a nice new locking wheel key though, they tend to break quite regularly anyway - normally due to previous visits to tyre places using impact guns on them.. :crazy:

20 quid is better than getting stranded without one or having to force the old ones off and buy new bolts because you can't get a new key, etc. :)

Will

I wasn't moaning about it , i agree wholeheartedly ....

Just kicking myself for losing the key ..... tyre fitters will not be allowed near these wheels with guns rest assured .... ;)

The parts man came out to the car , and had a plastic box of keys which he went through until he found the right one ... all very friendly and efficient ..

Some nice eye candy greeted me on the way in too ...

Gotta pop back tomorrow and pick it up ...

Just got to see the pics and while I do think the split colour steering wheel would look much better - I do think you've found a peach. It looks to be in amazing condition - especially the interior.

Enjoy it :rock:

You can't get illuminated V8 ones ...

You would need someone with a laser cutter that could cut the logo out of the existing ones ( the Mercedes Benz V8 logo is pressed into the metal ) ...

Would be a good mod , but i don't know anyone who could do this ... :(

no dramas, give them to me, I can trace the lettering, get it in CAD and take it to a laser cutter bloke I know or Wire Erode it with EDM which is much more precise, really need to buy a house and get one of these in my garage

Ooooooo , this has got the makings of a special mod !!

Are you going to Ollys GTG ?

You can't get illuminated V8 ones ...

You would need someone with a laser cutter that could cut the logo out of the existing ones ( the Mercedes Benz V8 logo is pressed into the metal ) ...

Would be a good mod , but i don't know anyone who could do this ... :(

Keep your V8 one's and then you could sell the illuminated ones at a very reasonable price to another CLK owner who might want them..

*whistles*

Ha Ha !!

If i do the illuminated V8 mod , i will sell the illuminated sills , you would need to source some EL strips as i will be using mine for the V8 sills , i got mine sent over from the states for £20 for the pair , with ballasts , MB want £160 per side just for the strips .... :eek:

If i do sell them , whoever buys them i'll give the link to to get some.

Ooooooo , this has got the makings of a special mod !!

Are you going to Ollys GTG ?

urm yeah probably, busy as hell towards the end of the year, im only in Surrey anyway if you want to drop by mine as you got as far as MBWorld for your locking wheel nut,

Nice car Howard, looks really nice.

Enjoy it.

urm yeah probably, busy as hell towards the end of the year, im only in Surrey anyway if you want to drop by mine as you got as far as MBWorld for your locking wheel nut,

Ha Ha ! True ....

What sort of time frame would you need the sills for ? :)

Ha Ha ! True ....

What sort of time frame would you need the sills for ? :)

Probably about a week, need to talk to my laser man to make sure he an do it, otherwise ill be getting in my boiler suit and doing it myself on one of these

http://www.edm.co.uk/images/Fil400-1987.jpg

thinking outside the box do you have a plain set of sills or can you get hold of them? then you could have something custom written/drawn in them...

Ummmm , i haven't got any plain sills , don't think you can get them , but you could probably press a set up fairly easily , they only have 5 folds in them with rubber strips on the end.

Let me know if you think you can do it , this could look :cool: and no one else would have them !

That machine looks complicated ..

I wondered that, get a set, I have a set actually, measure them up and turn them into a sheet part in my CAD system so they can be flat patterned, DXF`d, CAM`d and cut, probably just decorative stainless, 0.5MM/0.020" or something, then once I have a template that works I can cut anything in I want!!!!! leave it with me for the weekend and I shall rip the ones out of my CLK and draw them,

The machine cuts using a roll of 0.25MM/0.010" wire which is electrified and causes a plasma arc breakdown in the material its cutting, the flushing and infact the entire process happens under water (its deionised so it doesnt conduct electricity) which in turns blows the material away and thus your cutting, this happens about 400,000 times a second and it can cut anything that conducts including hard metals like carbide from 0.025mm thick (a human hair is 0.040mm thick BTW,) to about 300mm to within 0.001mm, its something I did as an apprentice and I still thinks its amazing today, not as fast as laser but so much more precise and controllable,

Wow ...

If you did it , would i be able to watch ? Fnaar Fnaar .... :D

I have a set of illuminated ones we could measure up ? they don't have the rubber caps on the end , and stick on top of the existing ones with 3M tape ...

Just sitting in the garage currently , wouldn't want to chop them up , but to get dimensions from , they'd be perfect ...

you need illuminated V8 ones !
Nice car Howard and I agree (imho)the wheel is a touch too red- maybe a black airbag cover would do it, which would be a fairly simple mod?

If you swapped out the airbag cover for a black one, you could then use the red one to inject some raspberryness into your other CLK!

The Sills mod sounds exciting!

The other one is Azurite Blue with Black leather , i think any red at all would look mental ... :crazy:

Damn, that was lucky! Am I right in thinking that the facelift 208 and 210 wheels are the same?

Yes they are the same.

Howard, it might just be your lucky day, check you PM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom