Hypothetical Question..at the moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

My SL500 is approaching 60000 miles, and am wondering how much longer it will keep going for before it starts costing me a fortune to keep on the road.

I have a distinct feeling that a new exhaust is guna be needed soon :(

Now for the question: If I were to decide to change it what should i look at that will still have some WOW factor. I would want to spend around the £25k mark since i am saving for other things at the moment.

I have considered a E55 AMG, CLK55, or an ML. Would also look at a CL500, however as far as i know these are not in my price range yet.

What do you guys...and gals think?????

Regards

Tan

With a beutiful car like yours I would rather spend 2-3k keeping it spot on rather than watch a newer car de-value that in the first year.
My vote goes for keep what you got :rock:

You could always sell it, buy my E280 below, and spend the different on converting it into something special, like those guys in Japan:

kata3.gif

Alternatively, you could just go on an around the world cruise for a few months :bannana: :bannana:

Cheers
Phil

Tan said:
Hi

My SL500 is approaching 60000 miles, and am wondering how much longer it will keep going for before it starts costing me a fortune to keep on the road.

I have a distinct feeling that a new exhaust is guna be needed soon :(

Now for the question: If I were to decide to change it what should i look at that will still have some WOW factor. I would want to spend around the £25k mark since i am saving for other things at the moment.

I have considered a E55 AMG, CLK55, or an ML. Would also look at a CL500, however as far as i know these are not in my price range yet.

What do you guys...and gals think?????

Regards

Tan

Your car is good for another 60000 before it should need an exhaust replacement, unless you have damaged it? :confused:

Keep it and invest the money for now anyway mate. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom