I am addicted, it`s a problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Well, 7 months into ownership of my 507, and yes, I still love every `session` of driving this car. The problem is, this engine is soooooo addictive, I fear I have nowhere to go from here ! I generally change my cars every 12/18 months, but I feel no matter what I get next, just wont cut it , in terms of this engines noise, power , torque and general characteristics. The Audi V8`s don't even come close. I,m not really into range Rovers/SUV`s anymore. The beemer has no soul. ...... The only motor that I may enjoy ( almost as much) is the Jaguar `R` Models. Just seeing the F Type R on the road and watching some Youtube clips of them , they do sound pretty tasty, but I feel that the overall experience may not equal? At some point I will have to book a test drive of the Jag and just draw my own conclusion, but at the minute, I just feel that this Merc has got me in it`s grasps...and won`t let go !:devil:

I agree its very hard to go somewhere else from the C63 I have to say.

The M3 was easy to replace as it just didn't have the grunt it should have done.

I think really its either a supercharger or an M5/6 in terms of performance.

Why change if you're happy with it? especially as you have the 507 edition - I'd just keep it!

Not allot out there that would match the M156 for character, noise etc, yes you could get faster but that's not the point!

M5/M6 are boring - fake sound, nuff said!

Why change if you're happy with it? especially as you have the 507 edition - I'd just keep it!

Not allot out there that would match the M156 for character, noise etc, yes you could get faster but that's not the point!

M5/M6 are boring - fake sound, nuff said!

That's the other thing factoring in depreciation on an M5 I think I would still keep C63 507 or not.

Had mine for now two months not the 507 though but still so happy with mine and I usually talk about all sorts of potential cars but this one has kept me silent from day one pretty much. I will keep mine as a collector anyway as doing few miles and just love it and no idea what I might add at some point which is odd but proves how much I do love this car.

hmmm I think you are right. Might just keep it forever. Just use my van more for day to day driving and keep the miles low on the beast......

The Jag tempted me too, but then someone in work reminded me that they are only driven by old people and aren't as cool as AMGs :thumb:

The only place I would go next would be to an E63, but as it stands at the moment I don't need all of that space in the car.

I think really its either a supercharger or an M5/6 in terms of performance.

E63 BI TURBO? with PP

+1
I wouldn't be looking at an M5/6 over the E63 BiTurbo. Especially if you can lay your hands on an E63S
I've seen what Dave has done with his,for not a huge outlay over the original purchase, and its just superb.

Nissan GT-R any one ? Think that is what I will look at after the 190e

My C63 proved irreplaceable. Its been gone over a year now, and I've found nothing to replace it with.....yet. :(

Nissan GT-R any one ? Think that is what I will look at after the 190e

GTR cannot come anywhere near the class and pedigree of AMG.

Quick.....but that's it.

My C63 proved irreplaceable. Its been gone over a year now, and I've found nothing to replace it with.....yet. :(

This is my potential fear. I don`t wanna be where you are my friend. :eek:

GTR cannot come anywhere near the class and pedigree of AMG.

Quick.....but that's it.

Agreed, plastic and horrible inside...plus it is a Nissan. I would, however, love the performance and it is frustrating that amg are either unable or not allowed to give more of their lineup this power.

I think the comments above to a large extend also shows even how difficult people often find arguing going for the W205 C63. I drove it and liked it a lot but my W204 C63 just won my heart. It just has that savageness, stupidness and aggressiveness that you never get too old for also meaning very hard to live without :)

Porsche or Aston Martin maybe?

I,ve had a 911 C2S. It was pretty good to be fair. but alas...those engines sound ****e compared to the M156.

Aston Martin ? Ask any reputable Multi Marque Dealer and they would rather sell you something else.

This is all......subjective ...of course......

I've had my C63 for 3.5 years which is the longest I've had any car, and I have no plans to sell it! It's one of those "last of an era" cars with a stonking great large capacity normally aspirated V8 (but still a modern engine).

The only thing that has tempted me is a 991.1 GTS, but they are a lot more money and you have to deal with the cretinous Porsche dealer network etc. Porsche engines are also nowhere near as good as AMG engines (or BMW M engines for that matter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom