I think ive sold my car (or hav I)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not vwery good at haggling here are we.

GFP offers it for 274.99
1st offer comes at 300.
GFP say he'll take 250.
Next offer is 350!

I'll take it off yer hands for 175 and that's cutting me own throat. Is it taxed?

£17 and yes its not taxed and does not not have an mot

Apologies, but the thread had already started the long slippery slope into hilarity long before I showed my ugly face :)

Is this still the case with cheques? I thought they'd revamped the system so it was all a lot quicker.

Tell him you're happy to sell on reciept of cleared funds, that removes all ambiguity.

But isn't there a second potential problem after cheque clearing - if the cheque turns out to be faked/stolen?

If there's funds in the account it will clear, but the fraud will be spotted after that - a week, a month, etc? Or do banks pick up the tab in that case? :dk:

But isn't there a second potential problem after cheque clearing - if the cheque turns out to be faked/stolen?

If there's funds in the account it will clear, but the fraud will be spotted after that - a week, a month, etc? Or do banks pick up the tab in that case? :dk:

I don't know, that's what I thought had changed, however with my recent experience with taking LloydsTSB to the Ombudsman, having them adjudicate in our favour only to then tell us that the bank is not actually responsible for the consequences of it's actions I'm not so sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom