Ice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
My route to work includes around 10 miles of a wonderful B-road that rises and falls as it twists it's way through the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire countryside. It's one of those roads that really exercises your driving skills and can be hugely rewarding to drive. It's also a road that (apparently) is a priority route for gritting but, for whatever reason, it didn't get gritted last night and I had the joy of driving it this morning with around 30% covered in ice.

The first incident was a Range Rover Evoque coming towards me quite obviously well out of control. I would assume that it stayed on the road more due to the efficiency of its stability control system than the efforts of the wide-eyed and open-mouthed driver sawing away at the wheel. The second was a Pug 207 in a ditch with (I presume) the driver stood next to it nonchalently smoking a fag. Then there was the young woman in a 1-Series well out of shape.

Just thought I'd share my fun start to the week :D

My route to work includes around 10 miles of a wonderful B-road that rises and falls as it twists it's way through the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire countryside. It's one of those roads that really exercises your driving skills and can be hugely rewarding to drive. It's also a road that (apparently) is a priority route for gritting but, for whatever reason, it didn't get gritted last night and I had the joy of driving it this morning with around 30% covered in ice.

The first incident was a Range Rover Evoque coming towards me quite obviously well out of control. I would assume that it stayed on the road more due to the efficiency of its stability control system than the efforts of the wide-eyed and open-mouthed driver sawing away at the wheel. The second was a Pug 207 in a ditch with (I presume) the driver stood next to it nonchalently smoking a fag. Then there was the young woman in a 1-Series well out of shape.

Just thought I'd share my fun start to the week :D

Sounds like an average day in East London

Weird fact. If its a bus route it should be gritted as a first priority. No bus no grit in Lancashire - or at least not 'til everyone is in work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom