iChoones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
As much as I do like iPhones these days having had one for 3 years now, it is still irritating the way Apple make you do it their way and their way often seems to be limited or difficult or a massive hassle.

I've often heard of decent alternatives to iTunes but I am now in a situation where the latest version of it has dropped the ability to handle custom ringtones quietly and can I remember any?

You can still add custom tones to the phone but I want to bin some of the ones and I can't.

I need to be able to differentiate my ring from a sea of everyone else's.

Is there a decent alternative to iTunes that can do this?

I use a ringtone app for Mac and it works fine, and I can delete any I don’t want on my iTunes?

I don't have a Mac though...

My tones just don't show up in the list of tones, unlike music. That's even with "Manually manage" enabled.

They used to but Apple changed it on the newer versions apparently.

;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Indeed - thank god I don't pay for my phone or I certainly wouldn't have the phone I have now!

I found a neat little utility called iExplorer if anyone else has this issue.

Worked a treat.

A few years ago I was working as part of a team developing a smartphone app. We were using both android and iOS. Used a tool called iFunbox to transfer files to and from my Windows laptop and the iPhone 4 I was playing with at the time. I don't know if this is still an option, but might be worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom