I'd Like To Lounge Please........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Me too :thumb:.

The E63 wheels are less appealing in my view, though both are 19".

The new ones are forged, so half the weight, I suppose.

Looks lovely ;)

Is the 212 much better than the W211, it's got the same engine as mine and i'v always thought about if i change should i go for the 5.5tt or the 6.2na

It's a stunning motor and i'm sure you will enjoy :)

Looks lovely ;)

Is the 212 much better than the W211, it's got the same engine as mine and i'v always thought about if i change should i go for the 5.5tt or the 6.2na

It's a stunning motor and i'm sure you will enjoy :)

When you begin to dig into the technical specs it appears that for the 212 AMG engineered some bespoke components.

For example, the front wheel track is wider than the rest of the 212 range, with specific AMG Ride Control sports suspension, and a specific AMG steering system with a more direct ratio for the model.

In addition it has an MCT wet clutch transmission to replace the W211 torque convertor.

Most importantly though, it has automatic throttle blipping :D.

Regarding the engine, ultimately I feel 5.5 t/t is the way to go, however, they are silly money even used, and as a biker, I can appreciate/enjoy the higher revving naturally aspirated 6.2 first, while values settle (read drop).

Last edited:
i have this and i have tried everything to set it off its either really good and knows i am just pretending or really Sh!t
Ditto. Even a 5 hour, non-stop 340 mile trip back home from Cornwall earlier this year didn't cause the cup to spill.

When you begin to dig into the technical specs it appears that for the 212 AMG engineered some bespoke components.

For example, the front wheel track is wider than the rest of the 212 range, with specific AMG Ride Control sports suspension, and a specific AMG steering system with a more direct ratio for the model.

In addition it has an MCT wet clutch transmission to replace the W211 torque convertor.

Most importantly though, it has automatic throttle blipping :D.

Regarding the engine, ultimately I feel 5.5 t/t is the way to go, however, they are silly money even used, and as a biker, I can appreciate/enjoy the higher revving naturally aspirated 6.2 first, while values settle (read drop).

Thanks for that

The MCT wet clutch is something i'v never tried, Auto throttle blipping now your talking:thumb:

all those other wee changes add up to make the 212 6.2na better over the W211 i suppose

My car is going into the dealers for a service and i'll try and see if they have a 212 in that i can test.

I'm the same as you and i'm going to wait for the 5.5tt

knighterrant said:
Ditto. Even a 5 hour, non-stop 340 mile trip back home from Cornwall earlier this year didn't cause the cup to spill.

watched a clip on the web and wearing sunglasses sets it off. Not on mine...

Perhaps its a reflection of our stamina...I wish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom