• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

If you buy only these two types then you are exempted from road tax

Dragon

Banned
Ibiza and Polo diesel - 99g/km of CO2. Even a Smart can't beat it. That no fun isn't it with all the clatters. Oil burners the winner???

I thought a diesel is obnoxious because it belch obnoxious fume.

Last edited:
Thought wrong then didn't you..

You are right Dieselman, then why didn't you tell us earlier? But then it not any Merc diesel. Is a CLC any fun? I don't mind paying just £127 of diesel that can eat up 12,000 miles.:rolleyes:

I can't find any petrol car that emits less than 101g/km of CO2 not even a hybrid. But then DVLA didn't say anything about electric car whether road tax is due. I know it doesn't emit CO2.

Electric cars are zero rated.

It's been common knowledge for a long time that due to more complete combustion a diesel engine produces less pollutant of nearly all gasses except Nox.
I've made no secret of this over the years.

Just as a tip, if life gets too much don't try gassing yourself in the garage using a diesel car..it ain't gonna work..

you could also drive a "historic vehicle" anything pre '73 and there is no road tax to pay

Andy

It's been common knowledge for a long time that due to more complete combustion a diesel engine produces less pollutant of nearly all gasses except Nox.

Just as a tip, if life gets too much don't try gassing yourself in the garage using a diesel car..it ain't gonna work..

Tell me where to buy an electric car other than a milk float. Milk floats are being replaced by diesels. Electric cars are not listed in VCA.

Tell me where to buy an electric car other than a milk float.
Well the G-Wiz has been on sale for a while, although it's technically a "quadricycle":

a-g-wiz-385_194528a.jpg

http://www.goingreen.co.uk/store/content/gwiz/

Ford will be selling the TH!NK later in the year

think_car.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/219705/thnk_city.html

Seriously....you learn something new every day.

I know oil burners are more fuel efficient, produce less CO2 but is it the NOx emissions that are suposedly cancergenic. Is there other emissions from diesels that are more iffy for the environment....

Wrong, not in the same way, but it will work. Try it. Anoxia still makes you die.

And electric cars of course have a CO2 component, just we belch so my CO2 into the atmosphere watching TV's and powering unnecessary appliances that we choose not to mention it.

Wrong, not in the same way, but it will work. Try it. Anoxia still makes you die.

You would need to try an awful lot harder as the concentration of gas is lower thus the oxygen content remains higher.

I know oil burners are more fuel efficient, produce less CO2 but is it the NOx emissions that are suposedly cancergenic. Is there other emissions from diesels that are more iffy for the environment....

Nox is a local toxin but isn't carcanogenic.

There are plenty of emissions from both petrol and diesel engines that are toxic, just on balance less from a diesel.

Ford will be selling the TH!NK later in the year

Will they.?

Ford sold the Think project back to the design group as they couldn't see themselves making nich cars.

Last edited:
SO2 does you the power of good.
Particulates?

Well, low sulpher diesel has removed the So2 near enough, and particulates..?

Again low sulpher fuel has helped immensely and are diesel particulates actually harmful other than the issue of possible thickening of the blood.?.and...err...petrols emit more particulates anyway, just less by mass.

As modern diesels are fitted with part traps it's hard to see how this applies anymore.

Drive on Bio diesel or veg oil. No So2 as no sulpher.

Last edited:
Well, low sulpher diesel has removed the So2 near enough, and particulates..?

Again low sulpher fuel has helped immensely and are diesel particulates actually harmful other than the issue of possible thickening of the blood.?.and...err...petrols emit more particulates anyway, just less by volume.

As modern diesels are fitted with part traps it's hard to see how this applies anymore.

Modern diesels become old diesels. Modern petrols become old too.

All this stuff is great when new, but when the particulate filter is in the scrap with a bit of straight pipe in it's place and the CAT's have been knocked out, we are back to basics - as this stuff gets older it starts coughing out rubbish, petrol or diesel.

And why bother with veg? everywhere you go, guess what the price is? why is no one looking at price fixing?

I wonder when there will be part filters on all of those paxman ventura's floating around?

British Rail as used to be , was the biggest single consumer of diesel in the UK at one point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom