I'm Prepared for stick so how about this Williams waterless, but read first Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife's black W169 is coming up to 10 years old and all I use is Turtlewax shampoo in a bucket of water and wipe it down with a chamois ( it does get a good polish etc about once a year) . I gave it a wash on Saturday and the paint looks as good as it was when new , overlooking the well chipped bonnet , no swirls and a good glossy shine. My wife wouldn't know a quick wash from a professional detail , so no point wasting too much time on it , but still looks good.
She drove half a mile to church , in the rain , on Sunday, and it's filthy again now.

Last edited:
My wife's black W169 is coming up to 10 years old and all I use is Turtlewax shampoo in a bucket of water and wipe it down with a chamois ( it does get a good polish etc about once a year) . I gave it a wash on Saturday and the paint looks as good as it was when new , overlooking the well chipped bonnet , no swirls and a good glossy shine. My wife wouldn't know a quick wash from a professional detail , so no point wasting too much time on it , but still looks good.
Yep i have used turtle wax shampoo for donkeys years now swapped it to something else which i cannot remember the name and with good results. But turtle wax shampoo does mess up your windscreen i find. Now buying too much expensive stuff to polish, just so i can see my wife face when it turns up, if she moans i tell her she can use some as face cream if she likes but don't use too much. Happy wife happy life, she's happy if i'm out the way.

I try and wash the roof and windows with just water and use Autoglym Fast Glass on the windows. Amazing stuff , use it on so much glassware in the house as well.

I have told so many about these Auto Glym synthetic leathers . Now i have said before if you have one of these and your unhappy with it, then i will give you the money for it ..Dont forget you will have tp post it to me .. . I have never owned a leather for 30 years after i found out about these synthetic type leathers . At first made by a company in Sweden back in the 70s .They dried up ha ha but i purchased things that looked like them ,.But then in the 1990s Halfords was selling these and i had one, they are the very same item i used back then in 1980s. Try one,, and you wont put it down if the car is wet

I try and wash the roof and windows with just water and use Autoglym Fast Glass on the windows. Amazing stuff , use it on so much glassware in the house as well.
Just bought some of the Fast glass waiting for the car to get dirty to use it but read many good reviews on it thanks. Unfortunately i tried one of a synthetic type leathers years ago, not for me i binned it, but thanks anyway.

Just bought some of the Fast glass waiting for the car to get dirty to use it but read many good reviews on it thanks. Unfortunately i tried one of a synthetic type leathers years ago, not for me i binned it, but thanks anyway.
I've also tried the synthetic leather ones and microfibre cloths but nothing beats a good quality chamois , microfibre are fine just to finish the job.

A lot of my life I’ve been a car cleaning nut. The older I’ve got, I’ll freely admit, I’ve lost it for spending a lot of time cleaning cars. I’ve been using WWW for quite a while. Applied to all surfaces and following simple instructions, and as said using plenty of microfibre towels the results are brilliant.

I have had a few black cars before and i do like to keep them nice. This c class is like glass so its been looked after before and when i see it i think wow so thats a good sign. Those microfiber cloths are out of stock and you have now sent me on the slippery slope of it all, i have been watching vides on them (opps its getting silly now) but it seems the twisted loop ones get good feedback, i just looked through chemical guys site and they don't say any of theres are twisted loop, am i just getting silly now.
Sound like a good find there! I gave both cars a good de-crusting the weekend from all the road salt, after getting home and parking the car up i couldn't help looking at it as i walked away it really makes me smile seeing the gleaming black paint work :).

They do sell out fast as do the Klin Korea ones (probably all made in the same factory) the valet guys on facebook seem to buy the all up but if you drop Andy at CYR an email he let you know when he's getting more.

I have a thought about getting a air blower/dryer (jealous of Lee's) but i just can't get on with them, i do try every now and again blowing the car over over with compressed air to get a feel for it but i prefer flooding the panels with DI water and using the drying towel, the only time i use air is before polishing so the water doesn't run out when working on a panel. I should try harder really and take the plunge into purchasing one as it would be one less touch in my regime saving the panel from potential marring, going to upgrade my DA first though :).

A lot of my life I’ve been a car cleaning nut. The older I’ve got, I’ll freely admit, I’ve lost it for spending a lot of time cleaning cars. I’ve been using WWW for quite a while. Applied to all surfaces and following simple instructions, and as said using plenty of microfibre towels the results are brilliant.
I once used WWW on a light dirty car once and how many microfiber cloths u use sort of defeats the object i think but does make a nice finish. What i have been doing is washing the car dry etc the give it a go over with the WWW just for the carb polish in it, it leaves it nice and glossy. but the slippery slope of detailing is getting stronger although there's nothing needing doing.

Sound like a good find there! I gave both cars a good de-crusting the weekend from all the road salt, after getting home and parking the car up i couldn't help looking at it as i walked away it really makes me smile seeing the gleaming black paint work :).

They do sell out fast as do the Klin Korea ones (probably all made in the same factory) the valet guys on facebook seem to buy the all up but if you drop Andy at CYR an email he let you know when he's getting more.

I have a thought about getting a air blower/dryer (jealous of Lee's) but i just can't get on with them, i do try every now and again blowing the car over over with compressed air to get a feel for it but i prefer flooding the panels with DI water and using the drying towel, the only time i use air is before polishing so the water doesn't run out when working on a panel. I should try harder really and take the plunge into purchasing one as it would be one less touch in my regime saving the panel from potential marring, going to upgrade my DA first though :).
CYR? whats the name, thanks

I once used WWW on a light dirty car once and how many microfiber cloths u use sort of defeats the object i think but does make a nice finish. What i have been doing is washing the car dry etc the give it a go over with the WWW just for the carb polish in it, it leaves it nice and glossy. but the slippery slope of detailing is getting stronger although there's nothing needing doing.
Quite. Ignoring WWW’s idea of using it on a dirty car, I always wash thoroughly first and after numerous applications I’d be surprised if like the misses’s Smart wouldn’t survive an acid attack. 🤣

Attachments

• 84776F66-8097-45D5-9388-E71DCE46BE19.jpeg
    84776F66-8097-45D5-9388-E71DCE46BE19.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 3
Quite. Ignoring WWW’s idea of using it on a dirty car, I always wash thoroughly first and after numerous applications I’d be surprised if like the misses’s Smart wouldn’t survive an acid attack. 🤣
nice and clean and shiny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom