Insurance quote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raf565

Car
Mercedes c63 AMG w204
Best Insurance company for a c63 AMG w204 2008.

Would it come as a classic?

You really need to spend a few hours comparing the market.

Just did my CLS55 AMG. 5yrs NCD, 5000mpa + wife as named driver. Best was Tesco + Clubcard via confused.com. £277 + £40 of Halfords vouchers for me.

Great quote....Ive had a couple of quotes on a 212 E63/CLS 63 recently....cant get below £400....which I thought was OK! Wife as named driver,36 years NCD (yes really....no idea how!) 10,000mpa (usually do about half that but just to be on the safe side) 56 years old (tomorrow!). Parking on the drive might be the issue but its a good area. Must try harder!!

Sorry....off topic......

You might know this already, but for the benefit of anyone who doesn't - before taking out Classic Car insurance make sure of your position with regard to any NCB you currently have. Classic Car insurance doesn't necessarily accrue or even take account of any NCB, after two years of Classic Car Insurance you might find any previous NCB has lapsed.

I haven't explained that very well, but just ensure your NCB, if any, is safe before committing to anything.

You might know this already, but for the benefit of anyone who doesn't - before taking out Classic Car insurance make sure of your position with regard to any NCB you currently have. Classic Car insurance doesn't necessarily accrue or even take account of any NCB, after two years of Classic Car Insurance you might find any previous NCB has lapsed.

I haven't explained that very well, but just ensure your NCB, if any, is safe before committing to anything.
Good point.
Family fleet is often similar, although in both cases the insurers can agree to provide confirmation of claim-free driving (slightly different from NCB on a Renewal Notice, but the new insurers may accept it).
My older AMG is with Churchill, £260ish a year fwiw. And I'm only a sprightly 51.

You explained it perfectly, and definitely an important point to note.

Parking on the drive might be the issue but its a good area. Must try harder!!
I’m my experience parking in a garage doesn’t make a meaningful difference to the premium (if at all).

Everyone’s situation is so different that an insurance company which could be good value for one person could be very expensive for another. Only way to find out which is best for you is to shop around.

Well as always you need to shop around using the comparison sites,I had a great result using confused and I am with Quote Me Happy,I have been shopping around for at least 25 years,I never bother when there is only £10 increase but after that I am on their case,my best result was of all things was the House insurance the same company reduced the amount from £122 ayear to £88 I kid you not and it had all the bells and whistles of the old policy

Well as always you need to shop around using the comparison sites,I had a great result using confused and I am with Quote Me Happy,I have been shopping around for at least 25 years,I never bother when there is only £10 increase but after that I am on their case,my best result was of all things was the House insurance the same company reduced the amount from £122 ayear to £88 I kid you not and it had all the bells and whistles of the old policy
Are you my Dad? His house insurance is something like £80 per annum and they gave him something ridiculous like £25 of Halford gift vouchers. I think his car insurance is around £100 too, again with £25 of Halfords vouchers.

:) Bobby how you doing son,you are of course right with both of us retired and so the bungalow has us in it most days the house and contents insurance will be lower than others who work.also our seaside back water has a low crime rate,but I was very surprised at £88.10p.

I’m my experience parking in a garage doesn’t make a meaningful difference to the premium (if at all).
Depends on the car. Four years ago I had a Frogeye Healey Sprite and theft cover was only possible if it was garaged overnight.

I have to say that the insurance on my SL500 was so cheap i even queried it! Fully Comp with legal aid and breakdown was under £175....... My old Nissan X-trail was almost three times that amount....

Perhaps i am now in the old fart group :eek:

Postcode plays an important part on performance and 'desirable' cars.
In those instances, garages do make a difference.

Well my car insurance is up early next month,so had a quick look on the comparrison sites today and it looks like companies are quoting about a 25% increase on my last years insurance,lets hope I find something cheaper,this is in complete contrast to my home insurance that reduced by about about 25%,pity I cannot drive the house around.

Insurance on my 2019 AMG C63S Coupe and 2019 C300 Cab are both up 1st March. Since buying them in 2019, I've never paid more than £650 for the pair (wife & I are mid-40s, good post code, no accidents / convictions, low mileage use, etc, etc!), however the renewal has come in at £950, with no reason offered by Admiral and no interest in a haggle or discount.

I've spent hrs on comparison sites and calling around, but short of going with a unknown small company, I'm not getting anything remotely close. Lots of places simply won't quote on the AMG.... in 5yrs of owning AMGs, I've never struggled to get insurance, but now, it seems insuring the pair is a total nightmare.

Has anyone had similar issues with their new(ish) performance Mercs? Any recommendations from anyone? Thanks!

Insurance on my 2019 AMG C63S Coupe and 2019 C300 Cab are both up 1st March. Since buying them in 2019, I've never paid more than £650 for the pair (wife & I are mid-40s, good post code, no accidents / convictions, low mileage use, etc, etc!), however the renewal has come in at £950, with no reason offered by Admiral and no interest in a haggle or discount.

I've spent hrs on comparison sites and calling around, but short of going with a unknown small company, I'm not getting anything remotely close. Lots of places simply won't quote on the AMG.... in 5yrs of owning AMGs, I've never struggled to get insurance, but now, it seems insuring the pair is a total nightmare.

Has anyone had similar issues with their new(ish) performance Mercs? Any recommendations from anyone? Thanks!
You will find most places you get your insurance are underwritten by someone else 🤷🏻‍♂️

So they are just a front for the underwriters in reality

Well my car insurance is up early next month,so had a quick look on the comparrison sites today and it looks like companies are quoting about a 25% increase on my last years insurance,lets hope I find something cheaper,this is in complete contrast to my home insurance that reduced by about about 25%,pity I cannot drive the house around.
Well have done the comparison sites and have settled for Aviva which comes in at £25 more that last years quote,could have got the insurance down to last years quote but would have had to reduce cover so like for like the extra £25 is not bad.

I posted about my insurance renewal already. Cheaper than last year.
Got my RAC all bells and whistles renewal quote just now. Last year paid £101 for 15 months. Renewal quote £132 for 12 months. Quick phone call got £110 for 15 months. I'll wait a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom