Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BBC now confirm it,

Kids and face aside, he was a legend
lighter.gif
lighter.gif
lighter.gif

One of those 'WHERE WERE YOU' Moments...

Last edited:
You mean like Elvis or Kennedy or 9/11? Sorry, but, I don't think so.

I was wolfing down a thin crust margherita whilst watching knight rider.

Hmm, nice picture to share with my grandchildren.:crazy:

What happened to the BBC?
Even Wikipedia confirmed it before they did!

Russ

Unlike other channels they normally hold back to get 100% confirmation...

Only + thing about the BBC :)

I was sorry to hear earlier this evening about Farrah - used to watch her every week in Charlies Angels - the show went downhill after she left . She became quite a fine actress later in her career .

Not so sure what I think about Jacko .

Michael Jackson is DEAD!!! :(

Michael Jackson has died in hospital after suffering a heart attack.

15319956.jpg
The ambulance suspected to be Jackson's outside UCLA hospital - Picture TMZ

The singing star was pronounced dead after being rushed to UCLA hospital in Los Angeles in a deep coma, city and law enforcement sources told The LA Times.
Paramedics called to his home in LA found Jackson was not breathing. He was given CPR as the ambulance raced to hospital, a fire department captain told the LA Times newspaper.

15235576.jpg
Michael Jackson

Joe Jackson, the star's father, told showbiz website TMZ.com before the confirmation of his son's death: "He is not doing well."
Known as the "King of Pop," for hit albums that included "Thriller" and "Billie Jean," Jackson's dramatic stage presence and innovative dance moves were imitated by legions of fans around the world.
His one-gloved eccentric style also earned him plenty of critics and another nickname, "Wacko Jacko."
He had been about to embark on a comeback, performing 50 concerts at London's O2 Arena.

Phil Sutcliffe, Mojo Magazine

The concerts had been due to start on July 13 and Jackson had been rehearsing in the LA for the London shows, which sold out within hours of going on sale in March.
Sky's entertainment correspondent, Steve Hargrave said: "We can't underestimate the effect this will have on Michael Jackson fans who have loved his music and career.
"They would have been assuming that in about three weeks time their idol would have been back on the stage perfoming his greatest hits. To suddenly find out this news will be devastating.
Matt Blank from the Michael Jackson World Network fanclub told BBC News 24 he was "a bit dumfounded and a bit shellshocked by it all".
He said: "I find it hard to believe this could be a reality.
"In the past, health issues of Michael Jackson have always been rumoured. I can only imagine this is down to the amount of stress he was under to come out and perform."
He added: "It's just unimaginable that Michael Jackson is no more, it's just unbelievable."
Fans are arriving outside the hospital.

Death by Celebrity

Joins the ranks of other troubled superstars- Munroe, Presley, Garland all paid the ultimate price for fame. Cause of death ----- Celebrity!

Last edited:
Being a celebrity didn't kill him , lots of people are celebrities and live their life out fine ...

Lets not get all melodramatic.

A friend of mine worked in the music press on a couple of well known publications for many years & when a famous musician / singer / artist died young he used to say another one died of Pop.

It's detrimental to a long & happy life, apparently.

Far greater than Elvis IMO
??????
Elvis was an Innovator, MJ and all artists since have just been a variation of that theme. In the Words of John Lennon, ‘Before Elvis there was nothing’

Well i for one think this man was and is a legend. I don't believe the accusations that were made of him. His odd behaviour all stem from his total lack of having any kind of a normal childhood. This led to his eternal wish to find his childhood again that led him wide open to sick money grabbers that made their kids go to his ranch just so they could try and make money out of him in the sickest way possible.

The man was troubled and sick sick people simply took advantage of his nature. And the press that had built him up into the massive superstar, were all but happy to jump on the bandwagon and stick the knifes in. At the end of the day, scandal sells stories. The press have a lot to answer for. Sales of papers and stories will always get in the way of the truth. FFS we all know what the scummy press are like.

The man is a legend, the likes of which we will never see again,

R.I.P Micheal Jackson

Flame on.

Stu

Elvis was an Innovator, MJ and all artists since have just been a variation of that theme. In the Words of John Lennon, ‘Before Elvis there was nothing’
Elvis also did a few covers, so presumably the original artists were the "innovators" there!

IMHO Michael Jackson was easily one of the greatest recording artists of all time. The best songs he ever performed were written by him, the guy could certainly belt a tune out and his dancing/choreography was amazing.

That said I think the guy was an idiot. Doesn't stop me liking his work! :)

very sad day, thoughts are with his kids and family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom