• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Jaguar Track Day - Gaydon Warwickshire

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Just spotted that Jag are running trackdays at their Gaydon Proving Ground..

I called up on the off chance and have got myself on the Sunday 8th March session.....and it cost me.....................NOTHING..

They still have a few spaces left..........also a few for Tuesday 3rd March.

Jaguar Track Day

Just called them, and they said that there are no spaces. They're going to call back to let me know if they can squeeze me on.

I managed to get a space early this morning for 8th March too. My brother tried literally a few minutes later and was told that they had all dates were now full!

Looks like a great day out with two free meals as well. I think this is going to be well worth the drive from Brighton!!!

Cool - which session you booked into? I'm in for the 13.30.....see you there if you're on for the same one..:rock:

I'm in too - 08.00 on 08/03/09

I am booked on the 08:30 session - so I may well see you there Bobby Dazzler. Looking at the schedules though crockers, I very much doubt if we will be able to meet up. It would appear that we return from the cars for brunch as you move from brunch to the briefing. Personally, I'd be inclined to wait for you and join you for lunch but I am sure that Jaguar would have moved us on by the time that you return from your driving.

Do me and Bobby a favour though, save some food for us!!! ;)

Glad you both got places......should be a great day ....:rock:

Thanks for the info Crockers managed to get 2 places booked on the 8/3 for the 13:30 session so may see you there. Regards Steve

Thanks for the info, I got 2 places booked for 4th at 8.30. :cool:

Mark.

Mark - check you have the right date - I was told 3rd and 8th were the dates available - if it is the 4th then seems they have had a pull out or something.

Has anyone had a letter yet confirming dates etc?

Mark - check you have the right date - I was told 3rd and 8th were the dates available - if it is the 4th then seems they have had a pull out or something.

Has anyone had a letter yet confirming dates etc?

Thanks again Crockers, I have just got my letter/postcard this morning confirming Wed 4th March start 8.30 am.

"Track experience 2009 marking the launch of the new Jaguar XK and XF"
:D :D

If Carnut /anyone else is going on the 3rd hopefully he will post up his experience and proffer any bits of advice.....:devil:

Hi Mark, did you have to pay, or like crockers did you get it for nil £. If I had more time I'd be mighty tempted to travel to Gaydon (again) and have some fun in someone elses car. I've never driven a jag, and both the XK and XF get mighty good reviews. It will be interesting to hear peoples views on them :D

So the attendee list is as follows:

Tuesday 3rd March
Session 1 - carnut

Wednesday 4th March
Session 2 - mw C32 +1,

Sunday 8th March
Session 1 - TEX277, Bobby Dazzler
Session 2 - crockers, moneyman

Great spot crockers and I'll look forward to any feedback from carnut!

Last edited:
Hi Mark, did you have to pay, or like crockers did you get it for nil £. If I had more time I'd be mighty tempted to travel to Gaydon (again) and have some fun in someone elses car. I've never driven a jag, and both the XK and XF get mighty good reviews. It will be interesting to hear peoples views on them :D

Totally free....:cool: appart from getting there.

Last Jag i drove was when they brought out the S-Type, I never really condsidered one but the friend who I'm going with seems to like them ( he's the one who bought the S-type when it came out) he now has an M5 but like me and many others here loves to indulge in other cars. Especially when its free and no pressure.

We have been out on Lexus days which were incredibly good fun as you could take out the whole range (this was before the IS-f was out) and rip them around a pre-planned route, they even had a semi off road route for the 4x4.

The last day out was on a company car event at Millbrook and there were most manufacturers similar to a motorshow exept that you could thrash them around the bowl and up and down the testing circuit. They had the VXR,s from Vauxhall and the IS-F and nearly all the BMW's a lot of Mercs no AMG's we also got a drive around the track that is seen on 5th gear when they test the performance cars against each other by one of the BTCC drivers (can't remember his name but he was stunning at what he did) in the Corsa VXR.....:cool:

Totally free....:cool: appart from getting there.

Last Jag i drove was when they brought out the S-Type, I never really condsidered one but the friend who I'm going with seems to like them ( he's the one who bought the S-type when it came out) he now has an M5 but like me and many others here loves to indulge in other cars. Especially when its free and no pressure.

We have been out on Lexus days which were incredibly good fun as you could take out the whole range (this was before the IS-f was out) and rip them around a pre-planned route, they even had a semi off road route for the 4x4.

The last day out was on a company car event at Millbrook and there were most manufacturers similar to a motorshow exept that you could thrash them around the bowl and up and down the testing circuit. They had the VXR,s from Vauxhall and the IS-F and nearly all the BMW's a lot of Mercs no AMG's we also got a drive around the track that is seen on 5th gear when they test the performance cars against each other by one of the BTCC drivers (can't remember his name but he was stunning at what he did) in the Corsa VXR.....:cool:

Crikey. Free :D Words of joy to a thrifty scotsman like me :bannana:

Thats tempting actually even given the distance for me but work most weekends, see if I can get some time off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom