Jerky auto gearbox on W208 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can you get he car to Portsmouth, if so go and see Olly. The gearbox codes are proprietary so a generic scanner may not be able to read them.

Hi Howard,

890mm?? Ok...so I actually got nowhere near the bottom of the sump. Tragically I lost out by £1 in an ebay auction for a MB transmission dipstick but am bidding for some non MB version from the USA. Hopefully I'll win that and will check the fluid level then. On a positive note the gearbox "fault" occurred on friday (five minutes after the mechanic had checked the codes!!) but hasn't happened since.

Lawrence

Hi Dieselman,

Hope you're keeping well.

It's probably a daft question but, as I haven't been a member of this forum for very long,....who is Olly? I assume that he must know his stuff if you are recommending him.

I could make it down to Portsmouth...though only at a weekend...but I guess I ought to check the ATF first...unless you think that's a waste of time.

Lawrence

Olly = BlackC55, he's sound, I'd trust him with my grandmother...but then I never did like her..

Don't bother with a proper dipstick, just go to a curtain/hardware shop and buy a net curtain spring and mark it with the measurements.

Hi mate,

BlackC55...I think I have indeed heard of him. Is he a MB engineer then?

I'll pop to Homebase tomorrow then...:)

Ollie is excellent... see loads of posts on here.... He fixed my gearbox too... get ya mota down to him in Horndean... I live in Basingstoke and it takes me 40 mins to get to him.... before you know it it will be good as gold!!

Hi Buggerlugs,

He was using a Snap-On scanner but I don't know which one. I know it's a new model that cost him about £2,500 but have no idea of the model number.

He found some error codes but nothing that he thought would cause the current issue....though I may well get the codes read again in case there's anything new showing.

Lawrence

Snappy should be ok for pulling the trans codes. From the price he paid I'd guess he's using a Solus. You should be aware that just about ANY trouble code in the TCM is gonna cause a limp home. If you can get the codes again and post em here that'd be a great help.

i am sure a iffy maf sensor can cause the same probs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom