just bought 6 month old c250 sport estate it has no ambient lighting gutted. Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blackers1

Car
mercedes c250 estate sport
Hi hope people of this wonderful forum can help?
I have recently bought 6 month old c250 sport estate and it has no ambient lighting. I am completely gutted as all I want is blue light in my cockpit at night. Please can someone advise how i can get ambient lighting fitted into my new car? Do mercedes after market fit? or can someone please advise on somewhere in the uk that could retrofit it for me?

Hi hope people of this wonderful forum can help?
I have recently bought 6 month old c250 sport estate and it has no ambient lighting. I am completely gutted as all I want is blue light in my cockpit at night. Please can someone advise how i can get ambient lighting fitted into my new car? Do mercedes after market fit? or can someone please advise on somewhere in the uk that could retrofit it for me?

Are you sure it doesn't. ? On my e class there is a setting on the cluster to adjust it.

There's a little orange light permanently on at the bottom of the RVM.

Try speeding at night, I'm sure a blue flashing light will appear.

There's a little orange light permanently on at the bottom of the RVM.

Not on the 205s!

Neither does the pre-2015 Sport have front comfort seats as standard, hence no lumbar or front cushion height adjustment, although the whole range has them fitted now.

While on the subject does anybody know if the LED headlamps are self adjusting for beam height for afaik there is no thumbwheel adjustment?

Ernie

I've seen this done on the American forum, you may get some better responses/results on there

I'm sure its standard on the 2016 model available from July 2015. I have it on mine, go to the manual on the screen and scroll to ambient lighting then set it to on. Mind you mines a premium plus, not sure if the standard one has it.

Ambient lighting in my 205 is best described as "subtle", it's there but perhaps not as obvious as you might expect.

I chaved up my sisters car over the holiday day period. She asked for me to fit some led lights she had got from eBay as "mood lighting" her words not mine.

I fitted them and wired them to a remote dimmer. She told me they where red, lying rascal they where fecking pink!

Thank God for the dimmer as even on normal they car looked like a pride event.

So OP if you want some "mood lighting" get on eBay and retro fit as desired.

Ambient lighting in my 205 is best described as "subtle", it's there but perhaps not as obvious as you might expect.

Yes. I totally agree. The images of many things in brochures and the MB site configurator are somewhat misleading. The Blue 'glow' in many pictures is no where near what you actually get in real life.

The 205 brochure front page shows a C Class in Diamond Silver (so the MB Salesman told me anyhow) with 19" multi spoke alloys. It looks mindblowingly amazing in that picture. The same coloured car in real life looks OK ish. Computer generated images shouldn't be allowed for that reason alone. Real pictures should be used.

It's a shame companies mislead the public in this way. Not just in the auto world. :fail

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be possible to retrofit the Ambience Lighting (877) but it will be a lot of dosh >£2k because you have to change all the trim panels with lights in, and add a load of wiring - this includes door trims, dash trim etc

At least you get a bunch of trim you can sell on eBay (and of course you can change trim colour at this point if you want!)

There is also an interior lighting option (876) which is the one which gives you puddle lights in the doors, footwell lights etc

Cheers

Richard

(ps, talk to Alfie www.comand.co.uk )

May as well go the whole hog and get the illuminated star too!

Happytalk73 said:
Crikey Ash. You on about food again??? :eek:

Corr, if you ever find yourself in Shrewsbury there's a little sandwich shop across from natwest bank on the high street that sells hog rolls with stuffing and gravy :D

Your fault haha

Actually laughing my t!ts off when I read that. Just because you started with "Corrrrrrrr"

Topman. :thumb:

I must be really old. Never been sure why, how or where you'd want/need a sandwich with gravy. :dk:

Ant. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Happytalk73 said:
Never been sure why, how or where you'd want/need a sandwich with gravy. :dk: Ant. :D

I don't think it was seasonal as it was a good 3/4 months ago when I was working there, but when the girl asked if I wanted gravy and apple sauce I did look at her funny, then thought go on then I'll try gravy. Was lovely :thumb:

They do it in Bedford near me too but it's not as good there. Shrewsbury one cost me £6 though!

I'm convinced you could afford a C63 if you cut back on the munchies. You know that picture you have as your avatar? Just after you had your new wheels fitted? Did you actually need fuel or did you just call in for crisps & chocolate? :bannana:

Ant. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom