Kent pubs or B&B's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kent is the Garden of England. You dont get road rage down here.

Henry V111 at Hever opposite the Castle.
Food is spot on!

The West House in Biddenden - a restaurant only but excellent food, been there several times as friends lived two doors away.

Stayed here three times but not very recently. Charming, but like the whole of the sarf east, hellishly busy traffic wise. Used to be able to walk up the main street without risking life and limb.

Henry V111 at Hever opposite the Castle.
Food is spot on!

Looked at that already cos it was featured recently on a Tony Robinson walk. No accommodation unfortunately.

Not a boozer. But you are welcome to visit us here on the North Kent Downs. I'm an exiled Scot. Drop me a PM I'll send you my details. If the timing is right I may be easily talked into a mini meet in your honour.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Stayed here three times but not very recently. Charming, but like the whole of the sarf east, hellishly busy traffic wise. Used to be able to walk up the main street without risking life and limb.

Driven past it many times, the corner is a nightmare especially with something large coming the other way. Not sure if it has a car park round the back, if not parking would be a nightmare too. Very busy road. Shame as it does look interesting. A bit further along the same road towards Ashford/Tenterden is the Trafalgar pub on the right, Shepard Neame pub, good beer but have not eaten there.

The Rose and Crown in Mundy Bois near Pluckley is a favourite of ours for a meal, but I don't think they have accomodation.

There's always the Mermaid in Rye if you want to have your wallet emptied - it's old (rebuilt in 1450!) and quirky, but a tourist trap and pricey - and the 4 poster bed was rock hard.

Towards Hastings from Rye, there's the Queens Head in Icklesham, great beer and food but again no accomodation.

Out on Romney Marshes, The Star at St Mary in the Marsh, free house, good beer, no accomodation.

The White Horse in Bilsington, free house, superb food, excellent cheap beer, and I think their new build rental rooms are now available to book - at last I can give you one with accomodation! The landlord Gordon is a good guy, he sells good cask ales from £2.95 a pint which is 70p less than my (Enterprise Inns) local!

Eastwell Manor near Ashford is my favourite place for a meal when I'm down that way.
Great location, beautifully presented and surprisingly inexpensive if you stick to the set menus.
Can be pricey if you stray from that.
Usually someone tinkling the ivories too while you're enjoying the meal.

Chows in Westerham is good but often very busy. There is often road rage outside as well.........

Weekend bump...

Wot? None of the suggestions good enough for plutocrats like you and Bette?

Well let me tell you, Ashford North Premier Inn/Beefeater/Woolpack Inn is bloody good!

It's summer - so you'll hardly be in it. Lenny Henry confirms great bed and unlimited breakfast too.

(It's handy for the Crem - which is why we stayed there a couiple or so years ago :) )

Wot? None of the suggestions good enough for plutocrats like you and Bette?

As per the OP, rather than a debate on road rage, I was hoping for more rural gourmet pub eating/sleeping recommends -which would be our preference for a touring holiday . So if anyone else has ideas for Kent and Sussex I would appreciate a heads-up.

Howsoever Del; if in the future us plutocrats run short of funds we will be delighted to join you and Lenny Henry in a Premier Inn. :cool: ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom