• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Km / Mph Display Settings

Parrotman

Relatively new to MBClub and would appreciate some help please.

Just got my first merc ( 2003 c220 cdi estate ) and a bit perplexed re display settings for km/mph.

Regardless of whether or not the respective displays are in km or mph, the current speed in the lower left hand corner always reads km/per hour. Cannot find any setting to be able to change this particular display.

I had a word with the local MB dealer and the lad said he did'nt know but book it in ( as if ) and speaking to another dealership, was told there was some legislation that readings had to be in both mph and km/ph but now it could be in just mph if so required.

My son has a Y reg c220 cdi saloon and his is in mph.

Would very much appreciate some clarification if possible.

Thanks & regards

Don't believe the regulations have changed. At any time it must be possible for you to see your speed displayed as KPH. Pehaps your son has both kph and mph marked on the dial so doesn't need kph to be displayed elsewhere?

Could be wrong here but i think its acceptable to have it switchable.

So long as you are not fixed on MPH to both.

There was an identical thread on here a little while back.

The consensus was that good old Euro law requires that the speed is always displayed in kph. As the W203 doesn't have the kph markings on the speedo itself Mercedes use the lower left corner display to provide this. In Euroland this display is switchable with the outside temperature but sadly not in Blighty. The Owners Handbook tells you that it's switchable except in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom