Lease car return recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr4z

Car
C350 CDI Sport Saloon 2011
Hi guys

Unbelievably my 2 year lease for my C350 is coming to an end. Man that has gone quick. I need to start thinking about returning it to MBFS. I know there has been some horror stories about MBFS return standards, has anyone returned a lease car recently and can offer any advice?

I am looking at Dent Doctor for a couple of minor 'Tesco door' dents and Trimline Smart Systems Mobile Car Repair and Alloy Wheel Repairs in the Peterborough, Cambridge, Spalding, Huntingdon, Stamford and Spalding area for a curbed wheel.

Thanks

Isn't the detail all in the .PDF? I've returned a car and it is just how it's described there.

It gives costs for each damage item and how to assess them.

Perfect must of missed that PDF. Doesn't sound as bad as some of the horror stories online. I have a curbed wheel and 3 minor dents on the doors, all of which are on separate panels.

On-line is the home of horror stories of those who can't be bothered to do a little research on what is allowable and what isn't. Most are from lazy sods and chancers who accept no responsibly for damaging their car. :fail

I've returned two with no damage charges over the years. It's not hard, just get the tape measure out and properly assess each dent. Even if one is a little larger than the half inch allowed, it's only £39 or whatever. Hardly worth the time to take it to a Dentwizard.

The prices quoted on the site are actually less than I have been roughly quoted by firms near to where I live. Tempted just to give it a clean and hand it back. The damage is only minor while 1 dent would actually need a repair, so up to £90 for that repair. £55 to repair a curbed wheel, I was quoted £65. The quote even said they couldn't match the colour exactly but you couldn't tell unless you really looked which got me worried. MBFS are gunner notice.

Indeed. :cool:

Forewarned is forearmed. Have the .PDF printed out for when the inspection takes place. You may want to call them to confirm these charges and any labour charges. The back of the lease agreement I think also has relevant info that you should read.

We had 2 lightly grazed wheels which they didnt bother about.
The biggest bone of contention was the grouchy inspectors absolute insistence that I removed the "illegal" tinting on all three rear windows. This was on a sport spec CLC 200.
When I came out of the garage carrying a hammer he looked horrified. I explained that it was factory spec glass and the only way I could remove it was to smash it. A bit of a row then developed ! I invited him to try to scrape it off and gave him a blade - needless to say he couldnt.
Exit one grumpy inspector and no further charges !

When I came out of the garage carrying a hammer he looked horrified. I explained that it was factory spec glass and the only way I could remove it was to smash it. A bit of a row then developed ! I invited him to try to scrape it off and gave him a blade - needless to say he couldnt.
Exit one grumpy inspector and no further charges !

:D. I would have liked to have seen that.........Ow'zat

Cool. It sounds like MBFS are not as fussy as they used to be. Just be upfront and repair any major issues. Thanks for your help chaps.

My Brother had a CLC, didnt touch it and they came back with a bill for £500.

He argued each claim and they never bothered coming back to him.... its not worth there time for wheel scrapes and parking dents. They throw them in an auction and let somebody else deal with it.

Of course big dents and scrapes/damage wont go down well lol

On-line is the home of horror stories of those who can't be bothered to do a little research on what is allowable and what isn't. Most are from lazy sods and chancers who accept no responsibly for damaging their car. :fail

This.

I returned my C350 CDI and was hit with a bill as I had changed the colour of the wheels after they corroded (£75 per wheel). I was also sent a bill (£50) for a very small dent which really hacked me off given how immaculate the car was.

Yes, I realise that the wheel colour should not have been changed (I had planned to px and the local dealer told me the colour change was fine) so expected an issue. I argued my point with regard the overall excellent condition and they agreed letting me off with the bill.

Overall the experience was ok, they were very tough at first until is spoke to a 'realistic human' who sympathised and based on us leasing a further 2 new MB's withdrew the penalty charges. They will try and charge for everything they can so be prepared.

The amount they charged is based on age of car and up to 2 years they expect the car to be virtually perfect.

Some key points to note:

1. If it is a due a second annual service on the anniversary of the 2nd year i.e. the point it is going back they will expect it to be completed before returing the car
2. Tyres should be road worthy e.g. 3mm+ and not due replacement
3. Larger dents and scuffs should all be replace (larger than 20p IIRC)
4. Car should be clean inside and out
5. Other consumables e.g. brakes should not be needing replacement

Think that's the key stuff.

Well in case anyone is interested Mercedes came by and 'inspected' my car before its return next week. I am glad to report they stated it is within the defines of 'wear and tear' and I do not have anything to pay.

Even with some minor wheel kerbing and a damaged front seat they just said that's all fine. Hurray! Sad to see her go, the C350 is an immense motor. Petrol next for me...that comes in November...

Good news! Hopefully in June 2015 I'll have the same experience! :D

So, what are you getting next? :)

Well in case anyone is interested Mercedes came by and 'inspected' my car before its return next week. I am glad to report they stated it is within the defines of 'wear and tear' and I do not have anything to pay.

Even with some minor wheel kerbing and a damaged front seat they just said that's all fine. Hurray! Sad to see her go, the C350 is an immense motor. Petrol next for me...that comes in November...

That's good news. The lacquer on one of my wheels is beginning to peel off after only 6 months. I hope the dealer will replace FOC, but if not there's hope this will be fair wear and tear at the end of the lease period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom