LED and Canbus 639 Viano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bladgb

Car
Viano 3.0 CDI Ambiente Extra Long
Have fitted LED replacements to

Glovebox lamp
Door puddle lamps
Vanity lamps
Trunk lamp

Had no Canbus errors as yet, although when I tried LED in licence plate illumination lamps I did - I had gone for error free bulbs from autobulbs so had to send these back.

I am back on filament bulbs for the licence plate.

I much prefer the look of these LEDs and so am planning to go for changing the 501 s in the overhead console, and the 239s in the grab handle lamps in the passenger compartment.

Does anyone know if the interior circuits are Canbus monitored?

I will try again with the licence plate ones maybe with a higher resistor, and then consider my options for the sidelights - I want these to be E marked but haven't come across any yet that are.

Unlikely you will find interior LEDs that will work as they dont like being dimmed.

All mine are LED and work fine.
In the licence plate you need a resistor, just one does it fine, you can fit next to the light inside the housing or find the wires at the plug in the passenger side foot well, solder the resistor across the wires.
I have them in the grab handles and the over head with no problems, they only dim slightly and then go off.
They do not need to be can safe as the cabin is not on that system.
Front side lights work as well.

Thanks Zenman

I think I saw a photo of your car either on here or on the other side with the interior lights showing - they looked much whiter than mine do.

I will get a resistor for the licence plate and push on with the interior lamps.

Can I ask which bulbs you chose for the sidelights? There's so many different types and shapes it's hard to fathom which to pick.

Cheers

Ali

Hmm good question.
There all ebay jobs form one guy, the capless type is the same in the side light as the overhead control panel.
On star you will get a under voltage error on the control panel.
I will look at the invoice.

I sell them. Check my advert in the classifieds if you dont want to go down the eBay route.

Hi!
Am the owner of a Viano and in the process to install LED lights in the interior. This brings me to the question of how to remove the grab handles bulbs... there are 3 are they not in each handle?? Do i need to remove the whole handle? Instructions and if possible pictures would be of great help.
Cheers

Hi!
Am the owner of a Viano and in the process to install LED lights in the interior. This brings me to the question of how to remove the grab handles bulbs... there are 3 are they not in each handle?? Do i need to remove the whole handle? Instructions and if possible pictures would be of great help.
Cheers

The clear lens pops out and the bulb is inside.
You have lots of different length bulbs in there.
Door puddle lights
sun visors
glove box
Rear light
The over head control has stock 501 bulbs

Door puddle lights
sun visors
glove box
Rear light

Do i need to remove the actual grab handle in order to remove the clear lens??

Have changed the remaining lights just the grab handles left...
Thanks for your reply

No just pop the map reading lens

I asked over a year ago?
If you can supply these sets then great, we also need the large capless type for the side lights, its a twin filament type but Very large capless for the 2011 vito on.

Door puddle lights
sun visors
glove box
Rear light

About the door puddle lights... My Viano is missing them... there is a hole cut out for them. Am wondering if anybody knows if the electric wiring is already in the door somewhere? Am guessing that the fancier equipped versions have those lights, however am hoping that perhaps the wiring harness is the same and hence only the actual light is missing...?

Hmm its odd the Viano is missing them, Vito yes.
Its a simple light and short harness that goes into the door controller, and coding.
The hole is in the door card.
PM me your vin and I will look at your data card to see if there on there.

Hmm its odd the Viano is missing them, Vito yes.
Its a simple light and short harness that goes into the door controller, and coding.
The hole is in the door card.
PM me your vin and I will look at your data card to see if there on there.

That would be great... However am not entitled to PM anybody... :wallbash:

Its a Trend, nice spec but does not have the puddle lights.
Easy enough upgrade but will need coding before they work.
L04 auto dip lights sounds interesting whats that about?

Code for Exit lights LB9

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom