Lewis - Now I'm really convinced...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
Well done Mr Hamilton - holding Fernando for the whole race was mighty. I didn't spot any mistakes.

Notice how the McLaren PR machine is in overdrive - more driver mutual backslapping than you can shake a stick at

Fantastic performance again! Lewis has to be careful though....he might get too full on with the celebrations...kissing the camera lens was a worrying sign

Well done Mr Hamilton - holding Fernando for the whole race was mighty. I didn't spot any mistakes.

Notice how the McLaren PR machine is in overdrive - more driver mutual backslapping than you can shake a stick at

Alonsos actions did look forced didn't they? His face told the real story.

Alonsos actions did look forced didn't they? His face told the real story.

As did his driving at a couple of points in the race!

The problem for Hamilton (IMHO) is eventually he will produce a performance that is still good for a rookie but below his mega start to his career. How will he handle it when the fauning and media hype stop?

Gutter Press

How long before the fickle British popular media :devil: who are busy elevating him to "god like" status start having a go at him.:crazy: Heres a copy writers alternate headline for after the British Grand Prix result.

LEWIS SNUBS RACING'S GREATS AT GOODWOOD.
thats if he concentrates on his race preparation

or

LEWIS ILL PREPARED FOR BRITISH GRAND PRIX
thats if he does turn up for Goodwood and subsequently fails to win the British GP

you cant win with these hacks when they decide to turn on you to sell more newspapers.

Last edited:
He drove well in a good car but was matched in pace by Alonso who, once he comes to terms with the challenge will start to respond to it. New boys burst on the scene, create a stir and then after a while the other players learn how to cope. If he really is good that's when he will turn on that bit extra and stay ahead. This story has someway to go before it is played out.
The Ferraris looked impressive and could recover as they did last season to put up a real fight as could some of the other runners.
The German media were 90% obsessed with their 19 year old lad and in about one second dismissed Hamilton's win. They hope he is a potential Schumi and that he is capable of dismissing both Alonso and Hamilton.

At the moment Hamilton has quite clearly got the upper hand, but the media hype\manipulation is something to behold. Hamilton good guy, Alonso spoilt brat, Ferrari second-rate, Raikkonen useless?

Deep breath time. Surely the McLaren TEAM all wear the same uniform and are paid by the same person? The drivers are perhaps a slight exception and they have contracts which will make certain demands etc? The bottom line will always be that the team will have a huge input on any result. Alonso was on a different strategy????? The very lap after Hamilton refuelled in came Alonso and on the second stop did Alonso come in first?? Different strategy? For years we have accepted that Formula 1 is a boring procession of high speed bill-boards, the only time the front runners exchange the lead is during pit stops, I find this boring and nothing to do with driver ability, but it is Formula 1. This week-end McLaren didn't allow it, Alonso was not given a chance and there was NO WAY he could SAFELY overtake his team-mate on the track.

We are supposed to believe that there are huge ill feelings between these two drivers, but to me it is the little things that highlight the dislike\like for a team-mate. Who noticed the bottled water when both drivers were preparing to go out on the rostrum? Hamilton and Alonso had a short chat, Hamilton drank some water, put the bottle down, Alonso then picked up the same bottle! If there was a coldness between them, then no way would that happen.

What about the coverage of Ferrari during the closing stages? Does anyone seriously believe they were actually still racing?

I will carry on watching Formula 1 and I suppose I am interested in how long Alonso will remain the gentleman. He has been compared to a certain overpaid spoilt brat that insisted on contracts to ensure he would win. IF there was any chance of this not happening he would ram the opposition, block the track, or if he crashed, then try to get the car back onto the circuit and again block it. Alonso does none of this, but will it change? I for one hope not and likewise I hope Hamilton doesn't get arrogant. Unless you have something nice to say about your colleagues.... Don't say anything.:)

Regards
John

New boys burst on the scene, create a stir and then after a while the other players learn how to cope.

Everybody managed to cope with that new boy Michael Schu-whatsisname arriving on the scene and getting 7 world championships. And thinking about it they also coped with that new boy Fernando coming along and winning a couple of championships.

A The very lap after Hamilton refuelled in came Alonso and on the second stop did Alonso come in first?? Different strategy?

It looked as if LH was pulled in early on the first stop. He was probably pulled in first because he was ahead on the track and they were worried about a safety car with the flag debris on the main straight.

LH was fuelled less for the second stint but ran a lap longer. So the implication was that he had a lap or two extra fuel on AF at the start. (and in qualifiying).

Everybody managed to cope with that new boy Michael Schu-whatsisname arriving on the scene and getting 7 world championships. And thinking about it they also coped with that new boy Fernando coming along and winning a couple of championships.

Or Button, or Barichello or various other stormers but I was thinking of the wider world of sports in general where there are lots of yesterdays stories.

It looked as if LH was pulled in early on the first stop. He was probably pulled in first because he was ahead on the track and they were worried about a safety car with the flag debris on the main straight.

LH was fuelled less for the second stint but ran a lap longer. So the implication was that he had a lap or two extra fuel on AF at the start. (and in qualifying).
:D :D :D I don't hold with the babbling ITV commentator, I personally believe it was a great team decision that was done for the benefit of the team. Alonso was called in the very next lap to prevent him from putting the pedal to the metal for a couple of laps, then on the second stop he was bought in first for reasons that were blatantly obvious.

Does anyone seriously believe Ferrari were racing each other after the last lot of pit stops?

If a pace car was going to be deployed then we would have seen it come out when the idiot dropped the blue flag onto the track. I don't hold for one minute that Ron Dennis was overly concerned about the UNNECESSARY deployment of the pace car. No one, but no one can predict when the car will be deployed and if we plan for it bein g deployed in five or ten minutes time, then cars will be forever going into the pits.

John

He drove well in a good car but was matched in pace by Alonso who, once he comes to terms with the challenge will start to respond to it. New boys burst on the scene, create a stir and then after a while the other players learn how to cope. If he really is good that's when he will turn on that bit extra and stay ahead. This story has someway to go before it is played out.
The Ferraris looked impressive and could recover as they did last season to put up a real fight as could some of the other runners.
The German media were 90% obsessed with their 19 year old lad and in about one second dismissed Hamilton's win. They hope he is a potential Schumi and that he is capable of dismissing both Alonso and Hamilton.
Vettel?

As did his driving at a couple of points in the race!

The problem for Hamilton (IMHO) is eventually he will produce a performance that is still good for a rookie but below his mega start to his career. How will he handle it when the fauning and media hype stop?

You seem to be forgetting that he has been racing in one form or another for 15 years now!!!!! I'm sure he has had his fair share of disappointments over the years.

It makes me laugh how a lot of people seem to think he has just sprouted out of the ground and been shoved straight into an F1 car!!!!

Give the guy some credit FFS!

Stu

It makes me laugh how a lot of people seem to think he has just sprouted out of the ground and been shoved straight into an F1 car!!!!

Give the guy some credit FFS!

Stu

Its true.

Apparently Mclaren invested somthing like 5 Million in bringing Hamilton up to this point, so they certainly believed in him from a young age and saw the potential he had.

If you view some of the Races this Kid has under him you will realise just how few mistakes he does make and what a cool head he really has got.

Sebastian Vettel, Sauber BMW driving as substitute for Robert Kubica.
The German press almost ignored Hamilton and concentrated on the 19 year old German newcomer.
My point being that Hamilton is only a Britsih obsession and that the Press is highly partisan in its views.
Similarly the British Press have lauded Beckham's performance for Real in recent weeks while the non UK press has suggested their success is down to other players.

The German press almost ignored Hamilton and concentrated on the 19 year old German newcomer.
My point being that Hamilton is only a Britsih obsession and that the Press is highly partisan in its views.
Similarly the British Press have lauded Beckham's performance for Real in recent weeks while the non UK press has suggested their success is down to other players.

Surely you could not be suggesting that our Media organisations are anything other than strictly neutral? Aren't we all Europeans now? ;)

My point being that Hamilton is only a British obsession and that the Press is highly partisan in its views.
I think you have raised a very valid point. Only an idiot would fail to recognise Hamilton's achievements but likewise only a fool would accept a lesser performance. By this I mean if Hamilton were being regularly outshone by both Ferrari when the performance of the McLaren is clearly far superior. We in Great Britain are at times very easily influenced by media hype. If the media decide we should all like Tim Henman, then we will all like Tim Henman. At the moment we are being deluged with Lewis Hamilton stories.

I find it very sad that true Formula 1 fans are not recognising the real talent that is being displayed in this years formula, but never let the truth spoil a good story. Everyone and their dog was saying how no one knew how Vettel would handle his first start in Formula 1, but as usual it was two of the most experienced drivers that made complete idiots of themselves, one of them being Scumbag's nomination for a future World Champion:devil: :D

Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom