Local Scrotes Break Into My 211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have to agree with Scott F and others, I've a Neighbor from hell (One that needs taken out in a dark night and hands smashed!) So, he starts to torment me for some unknown reason and we get cameras installed. So, one night there he is, trying to poke in the rear quarter light on my car. In jeans and a white T shirt at about 2:30 am.. now, I can Identify him, as can my wife and to make matters worse - his cousin who lives up the road. Along came the police 13 hours after the event and " We can't identify him Sir, plus its not dated or timed." Fast forward to another event in another city where by the husband comes home "Honey, I'm Home!" and catches her in bed with the local GP..a few days later and the local GP's Porker is vandalized beyond all recognition and I mean every panel and window done, the guy was wearing a Black Cat Suit & balaclava and again no time or date but A POSITIVE ID was made and subsequent arrest made. Now how does that work?? I can see my assailant, right down to the plukes on his face, but the other guy wears a Balaclava and is arrested??
On another occasion I was told " Just take around the back and beat the crap out of him" by Plod and witnessed by others..Oh Yes, I can see the headlines.. "Regional Sales Manager beats the crap out of X" ..bang goes my employment record...
No, I'm sorry but Scott F wins my vote...

Here's a true event.. a friend of mine was getting broke into. He called plod "We'll be there as soon as we can.." time goes buy and no one appears, So he calls again this time he says " You're taking so long I'm taking matters into my own hands as the thief's are still there ..I'm armed (wasn't) and I'm going out.." who do you think was arrested?? Not only that but armed police and a helicopter were on the scene in minutes.. I'll let you ponder that one..;);)

Here's a true event.. a friend of mine was getting broke into. He called plod "We'll be there as soon as we can.." time goes buy and no one appears, So he calls again this time he says " You're taking so long I'm taking matters into my own hands as the thief's are still there ..I'm armed (wasn't) and I'm going out.." who do you think was arrested?? Not only that but armed police and a helicopter were on the scene in minutes.. I'll let you ponder that one..;);)

If I had a pound for every time I've heard that 'true story' I'd have a lot of pounds...

Legitimate and justified criticism isn't an attack and nor does a shortage of resources provide carte blanche for failing to do the basics of your job time and again.

I don't know how much more evidence you need, but I've already pointed out that the police make millions from speeding fines despite you insisting otherwise. And if you feel that showing great zeal in attempting to catch motorists driving 5mph or 10mph over the speed limit whilst not even bothering to attend burglaries, car break-ins and a host of other crimes that blight certain areas and make peoples' lives miserable is the correct prioritisation of resources then we will indeed have to disagree.

*Sigh*. You're entitled to your view, but that's all it is. I refer you again to the Duke of Wellington...

"The police make millions from speeding fines" sounds dramatic in isolation, but as I have pointed out, it is a vanishingly small amount- not even a drop in the ocean - compared to the national police budget. You have cited no other factoids in support of your views.

Certainly in my area, and travelling from London to Manchester and Newcastle, there is nowadays noticeably less speed limit enforcement than there was even a couple of years ago. I would not consider that great zeal.

Last edited:
It may be a nice earner, but as I'm sure you are aware, not for the police; the money goes to central government funds.

Just to clarify... that's for speed awareness courses. Money from speeding fines which E55BOF stated does go to central government funds.

"Money from speed camera fines goes to the consolidated fund – the Government’s bank account at the Bank of England – for general expenditure rather than directly to the police. It is then distributed by the Department for Transport through grants."

Who benefits from speeding fines? | Palmers Solicitors

Akin to this, I have a habit of politely asking people to pick up rubbish I observe them throwing on the floor.
My wife thinks I should never say anything as I may get hit or our cars/house may get vandalised by the kids

I see red when I see people throwing rubbish out of cars. Can't help (if practical), going picking it up and throwing it back through their window at them. Never know if it's going to be an OAP, a massive nutter, a car full of geezers. I saw a white van with two lads in it chuck their McDonalds packaging out the window as I was passing them so I stopped to tell them what I thought of them. It could have developed into some trouble I guess, but ultimately I know I'm right, so will stand my ground. They just shouted some profanities back. :rolleyes: It's as if they expect some grief for their actions from someone. They've likely had it before.

Your wife's right, but then again mine probably is too.

I'm less than half your age which is probably relevant? :p

Second was a young lad of about 12 or 13 who stamped on his drinks can right in front of my house and when I asked him politely to pick it up he did so, declined my offer of using my bin to get rid of it but threw it back on the ground when he thought I wasn't looking! The younger girl with him thought this was impressive so now has learnt that throwing rubbish is cool?

My wife thinks I should never say anything as I may get hit or our cars/house may get vandalised by the kids. I see her point, but surely we have to stand up and be counted? Hell, we are likely to end up ankle deep in litter and that is not a world I want my grandkids to inherit!!

What do others think? I am 63 BTW which I'm sure is relevant..... LOL

I'm also 63 and work in a school. It annoys me intensely to see kids throwing litter when they know that the caretakers will have to pick it up. It's an ignorant and selfish action. We have tried to educate them not to throw litter and with some success but you have to keep on at them about it. It's like everything else, if a school or society values a litter free environment then they can make it happen. You just have to be persistent and very firm. The real issue is you have to value it enough to give it sufficient priority. To me releasing young people into the world with the right values is as important as the exam results.

Hi,
Friday morning, I walked out the front door with the dog, only to see my front passenger window smashed, and glass all over the pavement.
You get that sinking feeling of, "what's been stolen" and how do I deal with this. Not only but also, I was going back up Scotland on Sunday, "was" now being the operative word.
My first glance showed that the glovebox was open and papers strewed on the seat, the centre console was open, my little DAB radio that sits in the ashtray was dangling in thin air. The car was still locked, so I doubt that they actually open the door. I took the dog for his walk round the park, he had been patiently waiting, gave me some time to chill and the BP to come down.
Did the alarm go off, it probably did, and I think they had a quick search and made off before anyone came. It is some time since I heard my alarm, and despite it being a replaced unit a few years ago, it never seemed loud when I last heard it .
Phoned the Police, 1/2 an hour on the phone, they wouldnt be coming out as it is a minor crime, if there was blood, (they would have attended), they gave me a crime number. Would it be such a minor crime if I had caught the bast@rd and he was laying unconcious??
A few weeks ago, my neighbour had his car broken into, my van was broken into 2 weeks ago and now this. The place is becoming scumbag city. Only last week the Police were door to door knocking about the increase in drug dealing in the area.
I phoned my Insurance company, who had a direct line to Autoglass, which was very usefui. The lassie on the other end of the phone was very helpful. Because of the blue tinted glass, they could not get a panel until Monday, so earliest appointment for fitting was Tuesday. I asked about vehicle security, and she arranged for a technician to come out and sort out a perspex temporary window. I must admit, I did not know this service was available. The tech guy came out and helped vac up the glass and made a good job of putting a piece of perspex into the missing window hole, apart from the colour, you wouldn't spot anything different. When he examined the frame, he found a mark in the rubber, where he said a screwdriver had been used to apply pressure to the window glass and causing it to shatter. He said it was a common cause of break ins .
So, missing, is a bunch of keys, this is going to cause me some problems, but I have reported the loss on the Police website, I can just hope the keys get chucked and someone hands them in. There was probably £10 in the glovebox, spare cash for an emergency, and I think, an old Sat nav in the armrest. I take some consolation, that they did not open the change draw, as stupidly I had left a spare key there, and also in the wee cubby hole behind the gear lever they missed the cash I had left for fuel to go back up to Scotland, which now of course is on hold.
Note to self to check the loudness of the alam, but does anyone take any notice of a car alarm these days.?
Aged 64 with 2 arthritic knees, would I have used the baseball bat, that sits in my hallway?? TFR I would have. It seems that there is no punishment to deter these scrotes from breaking into peoples cars, best to break both their hands, so they have to find someone to wipe thir @rses.
Yes i am annoyed.!
Just now have to wait till Tuesday and see if the glass has arrived.

Steve.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Steve..always disheartening when something like this happens
Its some consolation that you had it covered by insurance, and it will be fixed up OK. But its the sheer mindlessness of it... no doubt fuelled by the need to get money for their drugs fix.

I'm also 63 and work in a school. It annoys me intensely to see kids throwing litter when they know that the caretakers will have to pick it up. It's an ignorant and selfish action. We have tried to educate them not to throw litter and with some success but you have to keep on at them about it. It's like everything else, if a school or society values a litter free environment then they can make it happen. You just have to be persistent and very firm. The real issue is you have to value it enough to give it sufficient priority. To me releasing young people into the world with the right values is as important as the exam results.
Well , I’m three years younger than you guys , but littering annoys me too ; I have taught my children not to do it and dismay when I see others littering .

I recall one time a few years back I had been to a McDonalds drive through and was sitting in the car park eating my lunch . The driver of a white van parked opposite finished his and just tossed all his rubbish out of his window into the car park before driving off - despite there being a bin about ten feet away .

His mistake was that he was in a sign written van with his employers phone number on the side - so I rang up and asked to speak to the manager ( who turned out to be the owner ) and explained what I had just seen , and that I didn’t think it reflected well on his company .

I had half expected a ‘not much we can do’ or ‘we’ll speak to him when he gets back’ , but to give credit , the owner seemed shocked and annoyed , agreed with my comments , thanked me for phoning , and assured me he would deal with it .

A few minutes later the van returned, the driver got out , looking daggers in all directions, and picked up his rubbish then binned it .

*Sigh*. You're entitled to your view, but that's all it is. I refer you again to the Duke of Wellington...

And it appears that many others share this view.....sigh.

Just to clarify... that's for speed awareness courses. Money from speeding fines which E55BOF stated does go to central government funds.

"Money from speed camera fines goes to the consolidated fund – the Government’s bank account at the Bank of England – for general expenditure rather than directly to the police. It is then distributed by the Department for Transport through grants."

Who benefits from speeding fines? | Palmers Solicitors

Whether an offender is fined or attends a speed awareness course they have to initially be caught by the police.

Unless the offence involves particularly excessive speed, it is common practice to offer offenders the option of a speed awareness course and this offer is widely accepted in order to avoid penalty points on licences.

So a nice little earner.

Whether an offender is fined or attends a speed awareness course they have to initially be caught by the police.

Unless the offence involves particularly excessive speed, it is common practice to offer offenders the option of a speed awareness course and this offer is widely accepted in order to avoid penalty points on licences.

So a nice little earner.

With the emphasis on the 'little'; perhaps 'minuscule' would be a better word?

Do you wonder why there is less speed enforcement than there used to be? Couldn't be due to a lack of resources, could it?

I rather think that speed awareness courses are required to be self-supporting, so most of that £12m will be spent on running them, not on boosting police funds.

Do you know how much money is raised from speeding fines? In 2016, 2.3 million speeding tickets were issued nationally. Multiply that by £50 as a minimum, and you have £1.1 BILLION. £12m - one percent - of that is returned to police forces nationally to fund speed awareness courses, and you see that - 0.0016 percent of the total national police budget - as a 'nice little earner' for the police? Words fail me...

I repeat, do you seriously believe that, to any significant degree, the police choose not to investigate reported offences for any other reason than lack of resources?

So a nice little earner.

Indeed.

Would be more of an incentive though if they got the money from courses AND penalties.

I remember there was talk on it changing a few years back although maybe the connotations were why it wasn't changed...

Do you wonder why there is less speed enforcement than there used to be? Couldn't be due to a lack of resources, could it?

I rather think that speed awareness courses are required to be self-supporting, so most of that £12m will be spent on running them, not on boosting police funds.

Do you know how much money is raised from speeding fines? In 2016, 2.3 million speeding tickets were issued nationally. Multiply that by £50 as a minimum, and you have £1.1 BILLION. £12m - one percent - of that is returned to police forces nationally to fund speed awareness courses, and you see that - 0.0016 percent of the total national police budget - as a 'nice little earner' for the police? Words fail me...

I repeat, do you seriously believe that, to any significant degree, the police choose not to investigate reported offences for any other reason than lack of resources?

You can dress up the statistics any way you choose but the fact remains that the £millions involved have proved to be a sufficient incentive for the police to devote a disproportionate level of resources to catching speeding motorists whilst all too often doing literally nothing to investigate a long list of much more serious offences. And regardless of the resources available, that simply can't be right and undermines both public trust and confidence in the police - two things that are already depressingly low.

So to repeat what I have said already, I seriously believe that the police are failing to prioritise their resources correctly and their decisions are often skewed by self-interest and the desire for easy revenue.

:wallbash:.

And to save you the trouble, I will accept that you have replied :wallbash::wallbash:...

:D

£12m - one percent - of that is returned to police forces nationally to fund speed awareness courses, and you see that - 0.0016 percent of the total national police budget
Errm, that's actually 0.16 percent ;) and is, of course, a tiny part of the budget ...

Assuming we are using the American billion. Using the Imperial billion (1,000,000,000,000) it would be .00016%. I always have trouble working out percentages....:D

Reactions: GLK
Wouldn't that budget sort out all the worries! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom