Local Scrotes Break Into My 211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wouldn't that budget sort out all the worries! :)

Certainly would buy a few more cops.

I hardly ever see any these days.

Reactions: GLK
Hi Folks,
Just a wee update, Autoglass came up with a new side window earlier than anticipated and fitted it. It was not genuine MB but "Armour guard", seems o.k. to me and on a 15 year old car, bothers me not. I dare say it all took 30 minutes, which included hoovering out all the debris at the bottom of the door. I thought the whole exercise had been very efficient and 10/10 for them.
Yesterday morning, Tuesday, I noticed that there were 3 finger marks on my new very clean window, had someone been pressing to see if it was perspex?? I do not know and now not bothered.
On monday, a lady passed by and informed me that up the next street there was another car with a smashed passenger window. And yesterday, my next door neighbour walked to the hospital and spotted another car a few streets away with a fresh broken window, as the glass was still all over the pavement.
This morning I was loading up my car to come up to Leven, where I am now, and at 4-30 am a police car drove slowly up the road. Because my tailgate was up, and the light in the car was on, I half expected him to stop. But he didn't, perhaps he saw my front door was open and the light on. So, I wonder, if these other break ins have prompted some police action? it would be nice if it has, if only to stop others getting broken into.
After leaving a stifling, air less, 27 degrees in Northampton, Leven is a pleasant 21 degrees with a nice breeze. My breathing already feels better with a blast of sea air, and Jack also seems happier. Time to chill out. Regards...........

Steve.

Was the window replacement covered without "claiming" on your insurance as such (like windscreen replacement)?

Hi John,
When I phoned my Insurance Company (Bell), I was redirected straight to Autoglass, and the repair / replacement is covered under the Windscreen Cover without it affecting my "no claims" of ten plus many years. However I did have to pay an "excess" fee of £95.
Now when I checked Ebay, I did find a complete passenger side door with what looked like tinted glass, in a scrapyard in Corby for £55, which I could have spent the time and effort collecting and replacing the glass myself, after having to effect a repair to the damaged window to make the car driveable. I have no sheets of clear perspex laying around and at best it would have been a polythene bag taped over the empty window. Essentially, it cost me £40 to be able to sit at home and do nothing. Then I would have a door to be able to store in my garden, which already looks like Steptoes back yard.
Another thing that the fitters told me was that using a spark plug was a common "tool " used to smash the windows. Perhaps if caught by the Police, having an N9Y in your pocket is less likely to cause a charge of "going equipped" than a screwdriver.

Steve

Certainly would buy a few more cops. I hardly ever see any these days.

Scott F can tell you why...:D

Scott F can tell you why...:D

To be honest, reading your debate and I kind of think neither are wrong and the reality sits somewhere in the middle.

My theory on why some companies like Kwiksht are reported back as being "exceptional" when my own opinion is they are dreadful, which is the same for every company, is the individuals there in.

Clearly there is a reduction of resources for the police and they have made cut backs.

But as already said, they can muster resource and motivation when required it seems.

I know a cop and there is no way that guy would not visit all scenes of crime but obviously they are under orders from above and limited to some extent what they can do now rather than before.

So you probably have a heavy cocktail of:

- Some senior officers over-exaggerating the situation, and exacerbating and perpetuating it still further to whatever extent for their own gains
- Some senior officers who are happy to work within the confines they face and maintain the same service or close to it
- Some officers who are just plain shyte no matter what, with no motivation or interest in doing things properly or effectively (see the Kwiksht thing above)
- Some officers who are purely demotivated by the situation they perceive, which may or may not be reality
- Some officers who do the same job regardless who may or may not be ordered to cut back on what they do

...and surely if these are the case, they must influence others in the service to an extent.

This then causes the usual differences in perception of different individuals combined with their own thoughts of / personal experience of / axe to grind against / endorsement to the service etc. for whatever reasons.

Looking around it would seem that the police have lost control and seem to be on the back foot concerning knife crime, muggings, house break-in, car crime, acid attacks ect.
But they have zero support from the government and public and all the blame. The copper on the street, ambulance staff and teachers, just to think of a few get nothing but abuse from the general public!
Maybe we should go back to the Jack Reagan/ Jean Hunt type of policing I'm sure it would get result but could you imagine the screams from the left wing Guardian readers.

Hi Folks,
Just a wee update ...

Yesterday morning, Tuesday, I noticed that there were 3 finger marks on my new very clean window, had someone been pressing to see if it was perspex?? I do not know and now not bothered.

On monday, a lady passed by and informed me that up the next street there was another car with a smashed passenger window. And yesterday, my next door neighbour walked to the hospital and spotted another car a few streets away with a fresh broken window, as the glass was still all over the pavement.

Steve.

Might have been worth a phone call to the local constabulary . If they don't already have suspects for these events , they might have lifted fingerprints off your new glass ...

While not proof of anything in itself , it might have given them a suspect to investigate further .

Looking around it would seem that the police have lost control and seem to be on the back foot concerning knife crime, muggings, house break-in, car crime, acid attacks ect.
But they have zero support from the government and public and all the blame. The copper on the street, ambulance staff and teachers, just to think of a few get nothing but abuse from the general public!
Maybe we should go back to the Jack Reagan/ Jean Hunt type of policing I'm sure it would get result but could you imagine the screams from the left wing Guardian readers.
Some "left wing Guardian readers" are in full support of a tough stance on law and order.

Reactions: 219
My neighbour had his garage broken into a few nights ago, and his Yamaha XJ900 stolen, reported to the police, no visit he received an email less than 15 mins later saying closing the case as no evidence unless they can link it later on to another crime. So some serious investigation there!

Just heard from my wife that my neighbour's motorbike has been found, don't know any more details

Just curious as I gave up on biking a few decades back , but apart from obvious physical deterrents used by the owners , presumably electronic security on modern bikes is now along the lines of that on modern cars , so that other than a gang of guys lifting a bike into the back of a transit van , it should be very difficult for a thief to start a bike and drive off with it without the keys ?

You're quite right, but unfortunately, it hasn't become any more difficult to lift a bike into the back of a van!

Reactions: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom