Long shot...stolen E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wil992

Car
E63 S W212 & Mini JCW F56
hi all,

It’s a long shot I know, but my E63 was stolen with the keys this afternoon, from near selby, north Yorks.

Reg. number is PE 63 AMG

It’s a silver / grey colour.

Anyone sees anything of it I’d love to know.

Thanks.

hi all,

It’s a long shot I know, but my E63 was stolen with the keys this afternoon, from near selby, north Yorks.

Reg. number is PE 63 AMG

It’s a silver / grey colour.

Anyone sees anything of it I’d love to know.

Thanks.
Not far from me.

I’ll keep an eye out, you never know.

Sorry to hear that hope you recover it soon, sounds like a burglary if they got keys as well, pretty horrid feeling knowing they've been in your home too!

That plate is very distinctive I guess it will have a clone fitted on by now..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that hope you recover it soon, sounds like a burglary if they got keys as well, pretty horrid feeling knowing they've been in your home too!

That plate is very distinctive I guess it will have a clone fitted on by now..

Yes, house was broken into. They took my watch which was a gift from my wife when we got married. The car is insured, but that’s irreplaceable and they’ll prolly sell it on for a fraction of its value anyway.

Had my CLK stolen about 10 years ago in the same way, in our case they took the keys and car without going further, the Met caught the culprit who had form for carrying a handgun so pleased they were quick and no confrontation.

He got 5 years for ours and other charges, tracker is a worthwhile investment...

Yes, house was broken into. They took my watch which was a gift from my wife when we got married. The car is insured, but that’s irreplaceable and they’ll prolly sell it on for a fraction of its value anyway.
Any details about the watch?

I have a contact that I’ve used for the last 15+ years for such items who may we’ll come across it if someone tries to sell it.

Well I feel sorry for you ,we have had a few threads with members having their home broken into and keys stolen,sometimes with them at home,I take it nobody was in when the break in happened,the general thoughts in the past have been to fit Ghost,the car is a expensive one and for around £400 Ghost will stop them driving the car away,still at least nobody was injured in this break in,I hope you get the car back.

Any details about the watch?

I have a contact that I’ve used for the last 15+ years for such items who may we’ll come across it if someone tries to sell it.

That’s very kind of you.

It’s an omega speedmaster 3220.50

Well I feel sorry for you ,we have had a few threads with members having their home broken into and keys stolen,sometimes with them at home,I take it nobody was in when the break in happened,the general thoughts in the past have been to fit Ghost,the car is a expensive one and for around £400 Ghost will stop them driving the car away,still at least nobody was injured in this break in,I hope you get the car back.

Hi, what’s “ghost”, do you have more details pls?

Tracker with a sticker in the window is an effective deterrent to all but the very professional (and quick) exporters if you don't fancy Ghost

I would have thought AMG (and RS) owners would fit one of the two these days.

Sorry for the news of the loss of car and watch. Not nice, but at least you didn't have to meet them as I doubt it was amateur / junkies.... House locks next (if they took those aswell?)

Hi well I was talking about the Autowatch Ghost,this is a small item put into the cars electrics,it stops your car being driven away even if the thief has a original key or has cloned your key,because in order for Ghost to allow the car to start 3 or 4 things have to happen in the right sequence,you get to chose,like right hand indicator left hand indicator rear window up and down switch the lights on,or just about any combination,the Ghost has to be fitted by the companies supplying it,and as I say you guys who have cars worth north of £30,000 it would seem to me a small price to pay to keep it in the car park or on your drive.

If you have a tracker the idea is not to advertise it so it is less likely to be found and removed, they cover the whole of Europe and can't be jammed. Police have ability to find your car before it ships out...

Sorry to hear about your break-in.

We were fortunate to eventually get our car back; however the biggest loss was the sentimental jewellery and the emotional impact of having had someone actually in the house. In fact the cost of the latter is still being paid and so if you can get over that then life will get back to normal.

Best of luck.

Marc

Are you sure the ‘ghost’ system is such a good idea?

If they enter when you are present, threaten you and take the keys... I would rather they take the car, rather than come back inside within seconds and possibly do something much worse...

Are you sure the ‘ghost’ system is such a good idea?

If they enter when you are present, threaten you and take the keys... I would rather they take the car, rather than come back inside within seconds and possibly do something much worse...

If you think they'll be problems, tell them how to override Ghost when handing over the key.
Ghost comes into its own if someone is trying to steal it from the street/car park or at least away from the home.

If you think they'll be problems, tell them how to override Ghost when handing over the key.
Ghost comes into its own if someone is trying to steal it from the street/car park or at least away from the home.

Ah yeah I suppose so. What a world we now live in that we must fit stuff like this. So sad :(

Can’t believe we’ve had two E63s taken in similar circumstances on the forum within a year or two :(

Hopefully they’ll get caught. Don’t worry about the car - that’s what insurance is for at the end of the day. Hope you get your watch back, you never know the car is likely to be found so could be a decent chance of a link there :cool:

OP, do you have an update on this stolen car. Did you get it back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom