• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Looking To Buy W205 C63 AMG Wagon

Appreciate the information Jobsworth, again really good input. It’s refreshing to be on a forum that’s got some activity ! Some really good points actually re the LSD etc as I’ve not seen many PP 6.2 estates for sale.

I’m certainly swaying towards the W205 in particular one like the white S model I posted above which seems to be priced pretty well.

I don’t suppose you know of this car at all ?
Lol! Yeah, I’ve had two, both non S model. Recently sold a pals white 2015 S to another pal who owns the Destination Nürburgring company. He’s owned quite a few very serious cars, but absolutely loves the AMG

Lol! Yeah, I’ve had two, both non S model. Recently sold a pals white 2015 S to another pal who owns the Destination Nürburgring company. He’s owned quite a few very serious cars, but absolutely loves the AMG
He sounds like a good pal to have ! Hoping to get back to the ring next year myself (Maybe in a C63!)

It’s the white car featured here…

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch the whole video. The old car is up against two 2023 4wd cars. Obviously they have the edge in a standing start drag race, but the tables turn in the real world rolling races…

Sorry, may have misunderstood. It’s NOT the car in your link, but same as, if you want to see what they can do

It’s the white car featured here…

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That looks ace that, is that the one you had and sold then ? Very nice, looks similar to that one I am on about

Watch the whole video. The old car is up against two 2023 4wd cars. Obviously they have the edge in a standing start drag race, but the tables turn in the real world rolling races…
I’ve watched this a few times and was really impressed with the C63 as you say the others are 4WD and the latest offering from BM & Audi.

Yes. I think I misunderstood your previous post. Replied just before you
Ah yes thank you seen that. Was hoping to PM you but I can’t yet due to post count. Just for advise really and to tap into your knowledge (If you do not mind)

Appreciate the information Jobsworth, again really good input. It’s refreshing to be on a forum that’s got some activity ! Some really good points actually re the LSD etc as I’ve not seen many PP 6.2 estates for sale.

I’m certainly swaying towards the W205 in particular one like the white S model I posted above which seems to be priced pretty well.

I don’t suppose you know of this car at all ?
Another here vote for the 205. As @AMGeed said the interior alone is a far nicer place to be. (Regardless of what the ‘stuck on IPad’ haters say 🙄😤🥴)

And exterior looks far better, especially in estate guise. 👌

Another here vote for the 205. As @AMGeed said the interior alone is a far nicer place to be. (Regardless of what the ‘stuck on IPad’ haters say 🙄😤🥴)

And exterior looks far better, especially in estate guise. 👌
Thanks Happytalkagain I do love the interior on them, Do they have apple car play etc or is it easy to retrofit ?

Also which pack is it that has comfort access and push button start ?

I've had a string of BMWs, then a 6.2 C63 Estate and now back to BMW again.

Don't kid yourself on the fuel economy, the B58 is remarkable on that front. Knock at least 5 and probably more like 10mpg off any given scenario in comparison to your 340i.

The 6.2 and 4.0 use almost the same amount of fuel when driven hard, think mid teens. When driven lightly the 6.2 remains thirsty and the 4.0 will go high 20s or low 30s on a long run without too much difficulty. I used to get low 20s even at 75-80mph in my 6.2.

If you want to experience something unique then get the 6.2, the engine is like nothing else. The 4.0 is a much better handling car due to the double wishbone suspension, it corners far harder. The 4.0 feels more like any other modern car, the engine doesn't rock the chassis and it's electric instead of hydraulic steering.

I'd be happy in a 4.0 but it's more than I wanted to spend. I feel like a turbo six is the perfect compromise for the road, still more than powerful enough when tuned and also usefully economical.

Here's a more detailed write up I did.

I've had a string of BMWs, then a 6.2 C63 Estate and now back to BMW again.

Don't kid yourself on the fuel economy, the B58 is remarkable on that front. Knock at least 5 and probably more like 10mpg off any given scenario in comparison to your 340i.

The 6.2 and 4.0 use almost the same amount of fuel when driven hard, think mid teens. When driven lightly the 6.2 remains thirsty and the 4.0 will go high 20s or low 30s on a long run without too much difficulty. I used to get low 20s even at 75-80mph in my 6.2.

If you want to experience something unique then get the 6.2, the engine is like nothing else. The 4.0 is a much better handling car due to the double wishbone suspension, it corners far harder. The 4.0 feels more like any other modern car, the engine doesn't rock the chassis and it's electric instead of hydraulic steering.

I'd be happy in a 4.0 but it's more than I wanted to spend. I feel like a turbo six is the perfect compromise for the road, still more than powerful enough when tuned and also usefully economical.

Here's a more detailed write up I did.

Great reply thanks Steve I’ll read your review. My 340i is great on fuel even Stage 2 + but I do rarely drive it quickly due to my awful commute a few days a week which is usually lots of stop start traffic.

What do you have now then ? And what made
You go back to BMW ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom