• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Lost personal POIs on Comand 4.5

PenelopePitstop

Car
Was SLK55 2014, Audi A8
I created new categories in personal POIs and saved number of POIs directly from the car. Everything was fine, I was able to use them. A few days later, I start the engine and all my personal folders are suddenly gone and only one empty empty folder left. Did it happen to anyone else?

I was a bit annoyed as I have saved number of petrol stations along my route and my hotel destinations. I didn't do anything to SD card or navigation system. Just stopped at petrol station for 5 minutes.

The points I already used are still showing in the list of last destinations with icons I used for personal POIs.

I don't know if there's any point in using personal POIs if they can disappear again.

Does it still "see" the SD card? Perhaps the card is faulty or has poor connectors, look at that first. Check the card on your PC.

SD card is fine. The empty folder left on the system is still there. I'm also able to save new POIs. Is Comand removing POIs after importing them into the system? When I checked the card earlier, all POIs where missing except one recently saved POIs.

I will play with MB POI Loader today and re-load the POIs again.

I'm highly disappointed with Comand. I though Becker Map Pilot is poor but now I think it's great comparing to Comand. So many options to set up.

I don't have much to do with SD cards but if I remember correctly there is a tiny sliding tab on one side which when moved initiates write protection making the card "read only", might be worth a try.

I can save data to the card so it's not write protected and it certainly didn't lock itself while in the slot.

I will update the thread in some time when I test new personal POIs.

Did you remove the sd card from slot or just accidently touch it so that it disconnected, this happened to me with speed camera POIs on a sd card so I had to set it up again on the command. Also you have to make sure that the POI stay in the original folder that you downloaded them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom