• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Luton Airport car park fire

😅 It’s just the irony of somehow still bringing the problem back to EVs when the entire fire started from an ICE car. 🤦‍♂️

So yes, EVs burn for longer when they catch fire, which barely ever happens and is far less frequent than ICE cars (even when the data is modified to account for the lower proportion of vehicles being EV) - when an ICE car catches fire and sets other cars on fire an EV will burn for longer. 😀
Did you even read all of it? You seem to have missed that up till now EV fires have been recorded only as car fires, so no-one knows how many there have been. Only now are they starting to class them as lithium battery fires. Add to that as they get older and cheaper more will be bought by be type of person who doesn't look after their cars and fires will only increase.

😅 It’s just the irony of somehow still bringing the problem back to EVs when the entire fire started from an ICE car. 🤦‍♂️

So yes, EVs burn for longer when they catch fire, which barely ever happens and is far less frequent than ICE cars (even when the data is modified to account for the lower proportion of vehicles being EV) - when an ICE car catches fire and sets other cars on fire an EV will burn for longer. 😀
Probably wasting your time, even when proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that an EV, DID NOT, REPEAT, DID NOT, start the fire. You will still get some people who somehow will try and blame an EV or say the EVs somehow made it worse, Dog with a bone springs to mind. Of course there were EVs there, it was a car park after all, so all types of cars were burning. I'd like to bet though that ICE cars spread the fire more, than EVs did. :dk::doh::wallbash::rolleyes:

"While not started by an electric vehicle, the fire at Luton Airport last year did end up involving EV, he says, and laid the bare the potential consequences of fires spreading from one vehicle to another."

The fact remains that had the oil burner not started the fire then the incident would never have happened.

To say that EV’s played a part is like blaming every combustible item in a house fire. What a bizarre argument.

Course I do, it is innit? The East Lancs Rd is flat. And the m👀ns made of cheese, thought everyone knew that, Ant! 😉🙂👍
The east lancs is not flat. There’s a horribly dangerous crest that I was once bobbing over only to find stationary traffic. Proper a£&e twitch moment that was. All the tools in my astravan ended up in the drivers compartment. 😳

I reckon the anti-EV brigade are secretly p!ssed off that it wasn’t started by an EV though.

Probably really annoyed a good few of them.

You know the ones that are desperate to post a picture of 1x burning Tesla from a news article 2 years ago or something 😂

Isn’t it called confirmation bias or something like that?

The east lancs is not flat. There’s a horribly dangerous crest that I was once bobbing over only to find stationary traffic. Proper a£&e twitch moment that was. All the tools in my astravan ended up in the drivers compartment. 😳
Flat' ish then. 🙂👍

The fact remains that had the oil burner not started the fire then the incident would never have happened.

To say that EV’s played a part is like blaming every combustible item in a house fire. What a bizarre argument.

True - the combination of fuel and fire is dangerous, and so we ban smoking in forecourts, but we don't ban petrol stations.... you ban the source of ignition.

True - the combination of fuel and fire is dangerous, and so we ban smoking in forecourts, but we don't ban petrol stations.... you ban the source of ignition.
Given that battery fires require no external ignition source, you might want to rethink your argument.

Given that battery fires require no external ignition source, you might want to rethink your argument.

My post was in response to the news that the EVs in the Luton Airport car park were consumed by fire started by an ICE car.

I this particular scenario, the EV batteries caught fire due to an external source of ignition.

Other scenarios are also available, obviously.

Not a diesel or petrol engine in sight, but................................

How long can you EV lovers ignore that something is changeing?
Who really cares.

Not a diesel or petrol engine in sight, but................................

How long can you EV lovers ignore that something is changeing?
I'll say this for you. You don't give up.
Do you. 🙂

I'll say this for you. You don't give up.
Do you. 🙂
I only report the facts, something that you EV lovers ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom