• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Luton Airport car park fire

Who pays for the car park to be rebuilt and covers the loss of earnings?
You do.

Airports aren't rich enough to self-insure at this level, so it's all put at the feet of Lloyds of London.

So you'll pick up the cost of the claim through insurance premiums over the next few years, as you always do.

Apparently yes - there are a number of very high mileage Teslas around. I’m aware of a four year old Model 3, used as an uber, done 210k so far and battery is still at 90%+ of original. Mechanically very sound - the mechanic in question did a check on ours, so we discussed it, and he reckons the Uber conservatively has at least the same again in it.
And what's the example of a "very high mileage" Tesla? (200k might be "high mileage" but it barely cuts the mustard as "very high mileage," does it?

Autotrader has two EV that have done (barely) more than 150k. And 4,500 non-EV's that have gone past 150k

Where's the EV minibus that's done half a million and still thinks it's worth £12k ?

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 14.26.42.png

Liverpool - just over 5 years ago.
And the cause?

Another Range Rover. (But not a hybrid - possibly a dual fuel)

IMG-6785.jpg

Looks like it was a conventional TDV6?

I thought that, perhaps someone had a go putting it out, and gave up? :dk:
I mean, at the end of the day human life comes first. I’m sure all of us would have made the priority getting everyone the hell out of there. I don’t blame them, those fire extinguishers would barely make a dent I reckon.

Last edited:
Train links are better then ever for me in NW London now. Rarely drive there now.
Lucky you. I can get a train from Preston direct to Manchester Airport. But (apart from the unreliability....) they do not run early enough to catch any flight up to about 9am which means a large percentage of flights. Also finish too early for a good few return flights. Oh and the travelators have not worked for many years, so for anybody with even slight mobility issues have a problem. They proudly announce more and more shops though.....

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but I think you are not using it right if it makes a dent.
🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom