M113 or M113K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haughian24

Car
Clk55 /63 black series replica
I currently have a CLK 55 W209 N/A M113,

The car has just been finished and is a pretty good replica of the CLK 63 Black series with regards to the exterior apart from the carbon fiber parts...

So now that it looks decent enough, its just lacking power..

I have remapped the car and also put quad exhaust system on.. i'm guessing just shy of 400bph...

Now...

Do i spend more money trying to get more power out of this engine?
Or do i buy a M113K engine either buy a E55 and take it out and tune that engine?

Pros and Cons

Keeping the original engine (M113 N/A) i can put a supercharger on the car with cam shafts and headers but that will only see me to 500-550 bhp and cost about 7-10K...

I'm limited to the supercharger i can put on the engine due to the engine having a high compression ratio, so i would have to run low boost.

so i think right there is point why i might need the M113k engine,,,,

i could change the pistons in the N/A engine so that they are dished and i could lower the compression ratio, but then finding a supercharger that will fit that car and have variant pressure would be difficult.

I have already spoken with Kleemann and Weistec and they don't offer a supercharger that will be able to do that and say the M113K supercharger wont fit on the N/A engine due to dimesnsion and also the M113K engine has a bypass valve and their superchargers use this bla bla bla....

also while all the modifications will be going on i wont have a car to use....

now on to buying a E55....

i could buy a E55 with the M113K engine, remove the engine and tune the engine as and when..

I could buy a uprated supercharger, cams and headers, pulleys the lot also change the pistons to forged pistons and refurbish the engine with a full recondition. hopefully getting into the high 6's
But doing that will cost much more...

The reason for buying a whole E55 with be to have all the ecu, gearbox ,dif all the spare parts that i might need....

I don't want you guys to read this and think ive already made my mind up, i just want some advice on what else i could do. what other modifications i can do and so on...

If you want out of the box performance - go Kleemann. They have Autumn special pricing at the moment which is very attractive.

Depending on your budget I would recommend a visit to Kleemann in Denmark and doing it there and then - it will save you a lot of time (and money). That said, if you're mechanically inclined or have a friend mechanic, you can do it in your garage.

Transplanting the engine from a later model is not the easiest job in the world. Some people who did this later said they wished they went with a bolt on kit due to unforeseen expenses and issues. With you buying a donor car this might be a little different but it is easy to underestimate the task as big as this.

There's a guy in the States who bolted Weistec kit to his W208 55. You may wish to get in touch with him for some tips. Weistec's blower is bigger than Kleemann so more future proof. That said, I would invest in quality forged internals before bolting the blower.

Now...

Do i spend more money trying to get more power out of this engine?
Or do i buy a M113K engine either buy a E55 and take it out and tune that engine?

My opinion, it sounds like a lot of money and time for either option trying to create something that it isn't, 400 horses feels underpowered:eek: maybe its because I prefer the under the radar stealth flat cap pipe and slipper approach and then BAM!! leaving people thinking WTF was that as my Quad tailpipes disappear over the horizon (below the speed limit):D

Good luck with what ever you decide to do, or you could just buy some slippers and an E55 :devil:

When you say getting in to the high 6's are you talking drag strip or have i misunderstood?

Tony.

When you say getting in to the high 6's are you talking drag strip or have i misunderstood?

Tony.

Confused me as well, 6's on the strip think there would be a lot of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the stands

Start with the M113K and just tune it. It will be quick enough for you.
How fast do you want to go ?
A tuned M113K will give you low 12 ET's in your chassis, plenty fast for the street.

Boosting and camming a M113 will be very expensive.

I own a M113K and had owned a M113, stock difference is night and day.
Also own a CLK63 Black Series..

Ed A.

Tony.
Hi, sorry for any one that misunderstood when i said high 6's, i meant BHP, Kleeman say with out changing the original supercharger on the M113K they can get 620 with changing pulleys, cam and headers etc.. then i can look at changing the supercharger from somebody like deistic then hopefully get into the high 6's "BHP"

Hi, sorry for any one that misunderstood when i said high 6's, i meant BHP, Kleeman say with out changing the original supercharger on the M113K they can get 620 with changing pulleys, cam and headers etc.. then i can look at changing the supercharger from somebody like deistic then hopefully get into the high 6's "BHP"

It is achievable to reach the high 600's on the M113K platform but as Alx has said the most important part is the upgrade of engine internals.

Followed by solving the Achilles heel and that's the cooling, splitting the cooling circuit larger HE and tank killer chiller/ meth or even both.

As difficult as it is on the 55k platform be it E, CLS, CL or SL is there enough room for all this implanted into the CLK ? bearing in mind the increase in power through the entire drive train and other issues you may have.

Start with the M113K and just tune it. It will be quick enough for you.
How fast do you want to go ?
A tuned M113K will give you low 12 ET's in your chassis, plenty fast for the street.

Boosting and camming a M113 will be very expensive.

I own a M113K and had owned a M113, stock difference is night and day.
Also own a CLK63 Black Series..

Ed A.

Yeah i think i will be looking to getting the M113K, not sure on how fast i want to go...
i want more street car than a drag car..

It is achievable to reach the high 600's on the M113K platform but as Alx has said the most important part is the upgrade of engine internals.

Followed by solving the Achilles heel and that's the cooling, splitting the cooling circuit larger HE and tank killer chiller/ meth or even both.

As difficult as it is on the 55k platform be it E, CLS, CL or SL is there enough room for all this implanted into the CLK ? bearing in mind the increase in power through the entire drive train and other issues you may have.

I am hoping their will be enough room, apparently its been done many times before, but no doubt slight modifications to fit it all in..
im not sure if the transmissions are the same on both E55 and CLk but currently have a spare gearbox for my CLK and have access to a gearbox rebuild company, and i have seen that you can upgrade the internals adding clutch plates etc.. to take up to 1000ft LB.

as far as drive shafts and dif's go, i hopefully get away with the stock ones either from the clk or the E55 if not i will have to look into getting some made and upgrading...

for internals all i can find at the moment is forged pistons and rods, cant find any uprated cranks. i don't really want to get a custom one made as that will cost a lot, im hoping the stock one will work. but we will see depending on how much power is made....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom