Manual to powered seats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Surf Blau

Car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 190D
I am pondering about importing some powered seats from the US (cheaper and more easily accesible over there), or at least the parts I need for this conversion.

My question is; Can I buy all the motors and stuff and install on my excisting seat frames, or do I have to get those as well? In other words, are they the same on manual and powered seats?

I have a W201 if that matters..

You'll need the whole lot, motors and seat frames, and since they're very heavy shipping from the US could be VERY expensive.

Regards

Nick

Originally posted by nick mercedes
You'll need the whole lot, motors and seat frames, and since they're very heavy shipping from the US could be VERY expensive.

Regards

Nick

Thanks a lot for your reply! :) I will see what I can find over there - Shipping is not the only concern either; customs would probably want a word in the matter as well..

what type of seat u going for, im also looking to get electric seats for my car but its just so pricey doing it the benz way!

Originally posted by mer190
what type of seat u going for, im also looking to get electric seats for my car but its just so pricey doing it the benz way!

I want to have original seats - ridicolous price, but still..

The only other alternatives I can imagine would be some Recaro's or something.... I prefer the original look though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom