Map updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is 100% correct! Garmin map updates are only available within the first 60 days, after that a new card is required. Buy from Ebay & you'll save a fortune but live traffic will disappear.
As I said mine I offered £85 he said ok within 2 hours mine was installed on my car

As I said mine I offered £85 he said ok within 2 hours mine was installed on my car
Live traffic I’ve always had before and after the install

Last time I was asked to check by a customer who had bought from eBay, the PIN code was not officially licensed and thus did not appear in VeDOK database. You may not care though ..

R

Last time I was asked to check by a customer who had bought from eBay, the PIN code was not officially licensed and thus did not appear in VeDOK database. You may not care though ..

Oh well saves me £250 to update
There are plenty out there but u have to be careful like I was. so it was fine by me to continue with the purchase. Horses for courses at the end of the day.

R

I am assuming your car is a W205?

Does it have COMAND NTG5*2, or Garmin Map Pilot?

In the amen time, try here:
Europe
E class w207 2013

E class w207 2013
My question was directed at the OP.... and I realised from your previous posts that your 2013 car has COMAND NTG4.5.

My question was directed at the OP.... and I realised from your previous posts that your 2013 car has COMAND NTG4.5.
That’s fine no worries

Hi Markjay,

The best I can say is that it looks like I have a full subscription and the traffic system is active. Because I haven't done a journey with the nav system running it doesn't show or give any traffic information. I am going on a trip this weekend so I will be able to let you know on Sunday evening. Photo enclosed of the Map Pilot Traffic and Alerts page. Hope this helps.

regards,

Kevin_M
ill be honest with you...thats not shoing the license data... - so I doubt you are..

It will say "waiting for subscription" if its not enabled... and dont be suprised..
the whole thing is a debarcle... MB should be ashamed of themselves for selling the card for 400 and then offering 3 months of updates for maps...

the e-b-ay versions are clearly clever copies... but they strip the traffic system.. and none of them are man enough to say it wont work

this is the SD card Audio 20 version - "Garmin with Tomtom traffic" all of which say "not us guv".

Hi Ordessa,

I honestly wouldn't be surprised about anything to do with the MB / Garmin Map system and yes MB need to get their act together. If it was £100-ish every 2 to 3 years for new maps I probably wouldn't object but £500 each time is way too much. Any idea where to find the license data? Help always appreciated.

I'm in the middle of doing the SD card upgrade via MB download manager. It's upgrading both maps to v.12 and the software to V12.0, SW 60.33, 18/22.00, E59.0. Currently 2 hours in and only 65% done. Screenshots attached. I have done a backup so I can go backwards if the traffic is not active, we will see tomorrow.

BTW I agree about the ebay versions, I didn't feel comfortable after reading reviews so I opted to buy via Amazon. It may not be any different but the reviews were better, more consistently positive. But as we all know, time will tell.

cheers,

Kevin _M

Attachments

• MBDM update download page.JPG
    MBDM update download page.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 23
  • MBDM Post log in Screen map and software versions.JPG
    MBDM Post log in Screen map and software versions.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 23
There are members here who bought the latest SD-Card from their MB dealer for £99, so I think your dealer made a mistake when he quoted you £500.

Either way, if the SD Card from Amazon works, you're good to go....

Hi Ordessa,

I honestly wouldn't be surprised about anything to do with the MB / Garmin Map system and yes MB need to get their act together. If it was £100-ish every 2 to 3 years for new maps I probably wouldn't object but £500 each time is way too much. Any idea where to find the license data? Help always appreciated.

I'm in the middle of doing the SD card upgrade via MB download manager. It's upgrading both maps to v.12 and the software to V12.0, SW 60.33, 18/22.00, E59.0. Currently 2 hours in and only 65% done. Screenshots attached. I have done a backup so I can go backwards if the traffic is not active, we will see tomorrow.

BTW I agree about the ebay versions, I didn't feel comfortable after reading reviews so I opted to buy via Amazon. It may not be any different but the reviews were better, more consistently positive. But as we all know, time will tell.

cheers,

Kevin _M

If you scroll to the Live traffic information, and then select it, another screen will give you "subscription valid until xxxx

Live traffic I’ve always had before and after the install
On the NTG4.5/4.7, the TomTom Live Traffic subscription can be renewed after the first free 3 years, and it is a totally separate service to the maps data.

BTW, if your 2013 car has the TomTom Live Traffic, subscription, then it was probably registered after June 2013, and will have the KOM Module with the built-in Vodafone simcard, which is how the TomTom Live Traffic service is delivered to the car.

You will also have the NTG4.5 gen3 (aka NTG4.7), which can connect to the Internet via either Android or iPhone (earlier versions only worked with Android).

On the NTG4.5/4.7, the TomTom Live Traffic subscription can be renewed after the first free 3 years, and it is a totally separate service to the maps data.

BTW, if your 2013 car has the TomTom Live Traffic, subscription, then it was probably registered after June 2013, and will have the KOM Module with the built-in Vodafone simcard, which is how the TomTom Live Traffic service is delivered to the car.

You will also have the NTG4.5 gen3 (aka NTG4.7), which can connect to the Internet via either Android or iPhone (earlier versions only worked with Android).

Hi I have
Command system NTG 4,5 gen 3
Updated my maps to version 19 the latest u can get. was on version 8. On s e class sept 2013.
But can’t tether my data
And according to MB I never will.

Hi I have
Command system NTG 4,5 gen 3
Updated my maps to version 19 the latest u can get. was on version 8. On s e class sept 2013.
But can’t tether my data
And according to MB I never will.
Dealers are not generally very good with COMAND.

You can check on the engineering menu to see if you have NTG4.7 (which you should have if your car was first registered in Sep 2013).

If you do, then it should tether to iOS.

Yes registration was 30/09/13 me thinks delete Bluetooth then pair again see what happens.
Thanks for the info

Yes registration was 30/09/13 me thinks delete Bluetooth then pair again see what happens.
Thanks for the info
Tethering is an additional separate step on top of the Bluetooth pairing. Unfortunately I can't help with a step-by-step guide because I use an Android phone myself - you'll need to Google it...

There are members here who bought the latest SD-Card from their MB dealer for £99, so I think your dealer made a mistake when he quoted you £500.

Either way, if the SD Card from Amazon works, you're good to go....

That would be interesting to know
My dealer doesnt even understand the system if you ask me

If you scroll to the Live traffic information, and then select it, another screen will give you "subscription valid until xxxx

Did you see that...if so...where did you buy the card from! Fed up with " clone cards"

That would be interesting to know
My dealer doesnt even understand the system if you ask me
:):):)

Got fed up with Mercedes general ignorance about Live traffic so I bought a £45 SD card which updated to 2019 maps no problem then spent another £45
activating Android Auto which Mercedes said was not possible in my car. It work perfectly so now I get the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom