Map updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got fed up with Mercedes general ignorance about Live traffic so I bought a £45 SD card which updated to 2019 maps no problem then spent another £45
activating Android Auto which Mercedes said was not possible in my car. It work perfectly so now I get the best of both worlds.
Yehaa great

Did you see that...if so...where did you buy the card from! Fed up with " clone cards"

The card was from Amazon a couple of years ago, Cant remember the price, but around 80 quid I think.

Tomham.... how did you do the Android Auto update...? Iv'e seen some plug in upgrades from the US but they all looked a wee bit dodgy and expensive to me...
Intrigued.
I have the 2019 Maps on SD card - but having seen Android auto on a different car being able to interface with Waze... its a no brainer.!

Tomham.... how did you do the Android Auto update...? Iv'e seen some plug in upgrades from the US but they all looked a wee bit dodgy and expensive to me...
Intrigued.
I have the 2019 Maps on SD card - but having seen Android auto on a different car being able to interface with Waze... its a no brainer.!
Are you in the UK?

Are you in the UK?
I am...but I thnk I might be fubarded - mines a 65 plate B class.... think its too early...but I think I've had the s/w update by the garage... as I noticed I not get a battery meter!

Has anyone with A W212 updated their maps recently, if so, how long did it take to install?
I can get genuine updates from Command on line(well I assume they would be genuine)

Has anyone with A W212 updated their maps recently, if so, how long did it take to install?
I can get genuine updates from Command on line(well I assume they would be genuine)
Hi I have just posted in electronics about the map update I found on ebay £90 was all sent on an sd card, the price included the code that he obtained obtained using my vin it took about 90 min to install it is reccomended you leave the engine running real simple to do.

Yes I’ve live traffic and works wickedly and 2013 sept registration
Thx 4 asking

Yes very he will give u instructions but all u do is turn on ignition not turn over. Put SD card in then it will ask you for the code put that in bingo around a hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The maps update purchased from www.comandonline.co.uk are 100% legit and the PIN code is sourced from Mercedes Benz and stored on VeDOK.

The PIN codes purchased from eBay for £80-£90 are likely not genuine, though most people buying them probably no longer service their cars with the dealer network and so don't really care.

That’s a fair comment but it’s a vast difference in price what MB sells them for. Third parties wouldn’t be in business if they never worked. Agree some don’t but I made 100% certain that mine would work so it’s horses for courses I’m afraid [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

That’s a fair comment but it’s a vast difference in price what MB sells them for. Third parties wouldn’t be in business if they never worked. Agree some don’t but I made 100% certain that mine would work so it’s horses for courses I’m afraid [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I wasn't suggesting they didn't work... I haven't bought one so I can't really say either way.

I was just trying to explain the difference between buying genuine from the likes of www.comandonline.co.uk and buying off eBay.

That’s fine. Nor was I being flippant just thinking of pennies normally I don’t lol [emoji23]

I wasn't suggesting they didn't work... I haven't bought one so I can't really say either way.

I was just trying to explain the difference between buying genuine from the likes of www.comandonline.co.uk and buying off eBay.

So, assuming it works on delivery, what do you think would happen if you took the car to Mercedes for a normal service (not map update)?

My car had a service in December “a” service

So, assuming it works on delivery, what do you think would happen if you took the car to Mercedes for a normal service (not map update)?

IF they check VeDOK and find out that the car does not have a PIN for the version of maps currently installed; and

IF they can be bothered to do something about it, then

POSSIBLY four large blokes from The Regiment will come down fast-rope abseiling from a Lynx heli through the dealership's roof, bundle you into a Snatch Landy and put you on a rendition flight to Stuttgart; or

Possibly nothing at all will happen.

No idea....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom