Maybe not replacing my E63 with the W213 version then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have carbon ceramic brakes on my GT3.

It's now on 28k miles, with 3 track days under its belt.

I am still on original pads front and rear, with all about 25% worn. Discs are like new.

all depends on how you drive

Do these discs come in different compounds that lead to different wear rates/different feel?

I'm new to this type of product and know very little about it. The replacement rate on the Ferrari was based on information provided by a main dealer and chatting with owners on Ferrari Chat.

I have carbon ceramic brakes on my GT3.

It's now on 28k miles, with 3 track days under its belt.

I am still on original pads front and rear, with all about 25% worn. Discs are like new.

all depends on how you drive

It is true.

I got my E55 with new discs and only needed new ones 4.5 years later.

When I think how I drove it, it did surprise me at first but then again, I hardly used the brakes.

I would imagine a healthy track use would soon change this situation.

Do these discs come in different compounds that lead to different wear rates/different feel?

I'm new to this type of product and know very little about it. The replacement rate on the Ferrari was based on information provided by a main dealer and chatting with owners on Ferrari Chat.

carbon ceramic brakes come in various generations

the key to long life is not to over heat them, especially on track.

not sure about the system that Ferrari uses

I don't like the back either.

Think the Saloon rear is rather boring compared with the W212, that being said the Coupé looks fantastic:

hqdefault.jpg

Similar story with the new C63 too. Either way, can't argue with that interior:

zmerccoupe-017.jpg

is it just my crappy search criteria skills or is there only 1 of these 2015 or later cars advertised on Autotrader at the moment?

is it just my crappy search criteria skills or is there only 1 of these 2015 or later cars advertised on Autotrader at the moment?

What are you looking for pal, a new W213 E63 on Auto Trader?

That's what I thought, not many of them available atm. There were 4 last week and around 10 at the start of the year.

You're after what you've already got? What am I missing here?

Just doing market research :thumb:

Interestingly WBAC won't quote on mine for some reason.

Audi S5 are decent value right now on PCH. 9+23 £299+vat

Decision made.:(

After much research and analysis of my current requirements, I've opted for a....

.... S213 E220d AMG Line Estate (Premium pack and COMAND). :doh: In my defence it's extremely cheap and only for 12 months.

So, the reasoning behind this are that the costs to directly replace or continue the E63 are off-the-scale madness cost-wise.

I've barely used for the last 12 months only covering 5,000 miles and most of those are on the 'Smart' managed sections of the M1 into London. I rarely get to reach the speed limit let alone go over it. I can't justify the cost for this usage when a diesel plodder is so cheap.

I may supercharge my track-day M3 car instead as this is providing me with all my motoring thrills at the moment.

I'll be in a better position next year when there are likely to be deals around to jump into another E63 (213) or similar car.

I'll hand the car back a month early at the end of April to avoid servicing it. The new car will carry on a tradition for me, I'll have had all the E Class estates, 124, 210,211,212, and 213.

Last edited:
After much research and analysis of my current requirements, I've opted for a....

.... S213 E220d AMG Line Estate (Premium pack and COMAND). :doh: In my defence it's extremely cheap and only for 12 months.

First it was me going from a Maserati to an Insignia and now you going to a four pot diesel too.

When will this madness end?

First it was me going from a Maserati to an Insignia and now you going to a four pot diesel too.

When will this madness end?

It's insanity right? 2017 turning out a bit mad :fail

I looked at older cars, but I've realised for a while that I'm really only interested in new cars. At least the 213 is a nice place to plod along in and isn't exactly slumming it. :(

It's insanity right? 2017 turning out a bit mad :fail

I looked at older cars, but I've realised for a while that I'm really only interested in new cars. At least the 213 is a nice place to plod along in and isn't exactly slumming it. :(

For one I think you've made the right choice for your circumstances Peter- it was where you started this thread and often that first decision can be the right one!

and most of those are on the 'Smart' managed sections of the M1 into London. I rarely get to reach the speed limit let alone go over it.

Motoring is becoming a bit sh!t these days :(.

SPX said:
First it was me going from a Maserati to an Insignia and now you going to a four pot diesel too. When will this madness end?

What??
I'm not having that.
I call custard or fake news or similar!

What??
I'm not having that.
I call custard or fake news or similar!

Afraid so pal;

Work was getting very hectic so I decided to get something boring and that will do 60mpg until I can buy either a facelift W212 E63 or an XFR-S.

Well, beggars can't be choosers, so my new E220d is an AMG line with Premium Pack but nothing else, annoyingly. Still, it drives so well, it's so quiet and comfortable compared to the E63. The chassis and interior has obviously moved on a very large way from the 212 and the 63 version of this car will be most epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom