• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes Sprinter - Loss of power (P0252)

Witek

Car
Hi,

I'm not that good when it comes to cars and mechanics.

I've had my 2011 - 313 Sprinter for a while now and I have had the error 'P0252 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control “A” Range/Performance (Cam/Rotor/Injector)' for sometime. The van lacks power, sometimes as soon as I start it, it runs for few seconds before going off, I've had the problem for a while, the injectors have been changed, the EGR has been replaced and the fuel pump I've replaced today, I'm not sure what else can be the reason? I've spoken to people and have been told it might be the Fuel pressure regulator so I'm thinking of removing it myself giving it a clean or something.

It was fine a week ago, now the problem is back and it can be a pain in traffic as I have to keep revving the engine to prevent it from switching off and the max RPM 3000 when it is running. Its an on and off problem, its fine for a bit then it occurs again. Im clueless on what can be done, so please if you've ever experienced the problem with the error code P0252 on your sprinter, please share your knowledge.

Cheers
W

I would get it on a diagnostic machine whilst driving it and look at the live data, fuel rail pressure etc.

I work on these a lot.
First you need to know what is the fuel feed supply pressure. This is very important.

The fuel once filtered passes into the HP pump and rails and pushes fuel up against the injectors.
Injection operation in in two stages!
In low speed operation, it is under fuel quantity supply control all conducted by the Quantity Control Valve found on the HP pump--a round cotton reel like unit. You can see it with the hood raised & peering at the pump!

Once you get to higher engine speeds the system then shifts to rail pressure control and the quantity control valve has less to do with fueling and supply.

To do a full diagnostic requires a scanner capable of reading the supply pressures and of course a simple in line pressure gauge to read the supply from the pump. (I use Autologic with MB program, but a Snap On Verus will do!)

I don't have the exact dynamic pressures in my head but I can quote them for you if you want!
Hope that helps
Tuercas Viejas

Hi,

I've had my 2011 - 313 Sprinter for a while now and I have had the error 'P0252 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control “A” Range/Performance (Cam/Rotor/Injector)' for sometime. The van lacks power, sometimes as soon as I start it, it runs for few seconds before going off, I've had the problem for a while, the injectors have been changed, the EGR has been replaced and the fuel pump I've replaced today, I'm not sure what else can be the reason? I've spoken to people and have been told it might be the Fuel pressure regulator so I'm thinking of removing it myself giving it a clean or something.

It was fine a week ago, now the problem is back and it can be a pain in traffic as I have to keep revving the engine to prevent it from switching off and the max RPM 3000 when it is running. Its an on and off problem, its fine for a bit then it occurs again. Im clueless on what can be done, so please if you've ever experienced the problem with the error code P0252 on your sprinter, please share your knowledge.

Cheers
W
Hi, I have the same problem with my sprinter 31
Hi,

Cheers
W
Hi , I have the same problem with my sprinter 313 cdi 2012, please let me know what was wrong with if funding. Thanks

Hi,
you have reopened a year old post and I can tell you that sadly Dennis ( Tuercas Viejas ) does not come here any more.
However you will find him here ... Sprinter - Sprinter-Forum which is a speciality Sprinter Forum. He uses his garage title of " Linden Engineering " on there.
There are no too many folks on here with Sprinters, so you may be more successful on there.

Steve

Hi,
you have reopened a year old post and I can tell you that sadly Dennis ( Tuercas Viejas ) does not come here any more.
However you will find him here ... Sprinter - Sprinter-Forum which is a speciality Sprinter Forum. He uses his garage title of " Linden Engineering " on there.
There are no too many folks on here with Sprinters, so you may be more successful on there.

Steve
Thanks Steve , I will try there. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom