Microsoft SteadyState (for Ringway)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Antharro

Car
'95 Mitsubishi FTO GPX, '92 Honda Accord Aerodeck, '78 Mercedes 350SL
This thread started out as a PM then I thought I should post it here in case it's of interest to anyone else.

My children use MSN, BEBO etc. I'd rather they didn't, but that's the way things are nowadays. My daughters laptop is currently in for repair due to it having (amongst other things) hundreds of trojans. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you could use Microsoft SteadyState. Found here. In short, you set your PC up as you want it, then SteadyState takes a "snapshot". Then, every time you restart your computer, it automatically reverts to that snapshot. So, the Windows installation can be as abused as y'like - just reboot and you're back to normal.

I use this for my public kiosk pc's.

works great, takes a bit of buggering about to get used to it but seems to be fairly robust

This thread started out as a PM then I thought I should post it here in case it's of interest to anyone else.

Sounds like you could use Microsoft SteadyState. Found here. In short, you set your PC up as you want it, then SteadyState takes a "snapshot". Then, every time you restart your computer, it automatically reverts to that snapshot. So, the Windows installation can be as abused as y'like - just reboot and you're back to normal.

Many thanks Antharro. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom