Missing Information

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
I have The Navigation 20 system in my W204, which enables using a USB stick for music. I have recently added a few new albums to a new directory on the USB stick, and whilst the tracks played, the display only showed the Track Title, not the Album name or Artist.

I though that perhaps the info was missing, but on loading the USB stick on my PC all the details on the mp3 file were there, Track Title, Album, Artist, Year, Genre etc So I deleted the files on the USB stick and reloaded them from my Hard Drive Music Files, checked the info was there, back to the car, still just showing the track title and nothing else. There is about 21GB on a 32GB stick.

Has anyone any suggestions. :wallbash:

Seventy two views and no suggestions :(

There was a thread on this a while back.
IF I remember correctly, it has something to do with the way COMAND organises the files. The work around, again if I remember correctly, is to organise the songs into albums/folders before transferring them onto the USB. That way, COMAND associates songs A1-A12 with Album A and B1-B12…etc.

You may want to test this with a couple of albums before going the whole hog.

Disclaimer; I offer the advice freely admitting my memory may be awry and accept no liability for cursing and raised blood pressure. Statutory rights are not affected.:D

I've been adding albums to this USB stick from time to time for a couple of years, so the folders were organised on my PC hard drive same as usual, it was just a case of copying them over, just it doesn't seem to want to show the info on this latest batch, What does MB have against "The Ventures" :D

If it is anything like my COMAND where I run all my music from 5 or 6 DVDs, I have to keep the music within one level of folders.

So if you looked at it on a Windows PC, you would see (X = drive letter of your removable drive):

X:\AlbumName1\Song1.mp3
X:\AlbumName1\Song2.mp3
X:\AlbumName1\Song3.mp3
X:\AlbumName2\Song1.mp3

etc...

I also use a USB stick for music, in our previous 2011 C220 none of the artwork would display no matter what I tried.

In our E Class with COMAND it all came up automatically without any intervention.

I'm not entirely sure it's possible on the Audio 20. Well, I think it's possible if you're very computer minded but I remember the workaround being similar to setting up a new mainframe.

There is no images on the Nav20 system, and the directory/file structure is the same as for all the other directories on the stick. I had an idea last night, which I will try when I get time update on the result.

I know I am probably missing the point,but as you have the music and copied it onto a USB I assume you know and enjoy the music,so why do you need telling what the track is called you know what it is??

At my age the memory isn't what it was :D

I've found a solution to the problem which may be of use to someone else in a similar situation. I loaded the music files into Audacity ( A free sound editing program from Sourceforge) and exported it straight back out and it was then able to read the info from the USB stick. Took me about 20 minutes to do about 100 files. The Navigation 20 system is now showing the Artist and Album name as well as the track title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom