• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ML 270 fuel starvation ??

chrispynuts

Car
ml270
Still having problems ! and need advice, right- put £50 worth of fuel last night fuel gauge indicated 1/2 full, parked car at side of house went out this morning and engine started and then stopped - like no fuel - tried cranking the engine twice still no start sooo tipped in about 1 ltr of fuel I had in a coke bottle and hay presto on the second attempt the engine started so I went on my journey of approx 45mile round trip all ok fuel gauge dropped slightly so must have had fuel in tank I am lost don't know what to look at next, could the fuel sender in the tank be somehow at fault ? :wallbash:

Check for air bubbles in the clear fuel lines near HP pump at front of engine.
Possible leaks or air ingress at 'O' rings - do a search for this in the forum.

Crispy
when did you last change the Fuel Filter?
they have a habit of restricting the fuel when blocked. - My Jeep with the same engine needed new filters every 12K
However I'd still look for air in the fuel lines - don't forget that sometimes the return line can have air and overnight work back to the injector. these injectors are self bleeding - so keep cranking should eliminate the Air and eventually start.

SORTED

many thanks all for your suggestions it did indeed require new O rings in the fuel supply pipe connections and I also changed the filter, now starts first time in the morning. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom