ml 500 unlocking repeatedly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

06 ml 500 p.o.s

Car
ml 500 pice of sh!t
i have a 2006 ML 500. the seat control pass side not working, the temp control not working , but most annoying the door lock continually unlock repeatedly then stop. this will happen in the night and cause the battery to die. what to do with this. Please help.

jaymaek i read your W203 unlocks itself! thread. sounds like same problem what was the end result?

He replaced the lock inside the door and that fixed the problem. Its a common problem, search on here or use google.

quite common on ML's from what I hear, new lock part which is quite expensive, worth doing some research first to find the exact cause.

are all of your locks opening or just one?
They all unlock and it sounds as if it continues to try and unlock, the pass side door lock buttons do not work, if we lock the car from the drivers side it almost immediately unlocks. If the car is locked with the key pod, it seems to stay locked. If the car is parked in the driveway and left unlocked intermittently, it will start doing it and some time wear down the battery. Also and may be unrelated the pass side seat back and forward does not work but the preset buttons do. Also heat and cool temp control is starting to act up only works if you turn it very slow.
Thank you in advanced for your help this car is driving me crazy.

Last edited:
does the rear sam control all of these parts?

are all of your locks opening or just one?

They all unlock and it sounds as if it continues to try and unlock, the pass side door lock buttons do not work, if we lock the car from the drivers side it almost immediately unlocks. If the car is locked with the key pod, it seems to stay locked. If the car is parked in the driveway and left unlocked intermittently, it will start doing it and some time wear down the battery. Also and may be unrelated the pass side seat back and forward does not work but the preset buttons do. Also heat and cool temp control is starting to act up only works if you turn it very slow.
Thank you in advanced for your help this car is driving me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom