ML dog guard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
I'm used to the pull up net type dog guards from the E Class estates, but this is not standard on the W164 ML.
That’s been fine for the last few months but our Border Terrorist has now discovered the view is better from the front seat:(
I can only find rigid type guards in the accessory brochure, but the headlining has the fittings for the same type of E Class pull up net.
There are plenty of W163 ones for sale on ebay, anyone know if they fit or is there a real 164 part available?:confused:

Hi. I wasnt sure because ive only seen the metal cage type ones but ive found it.
Part no is B67660114 retail £149.17 Forum price £134.24inc vat

Attachments

• net.jpg
    net.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 83
Hi. I wasnt sure because ive only seen the metal cage type ones but ive found it.

I use this one in mine .... perfectly fine for a large dog but a little one could climb either side of the net as its not particularly flush to the side.... big advantage for me is that it folds down into a zip bag when not in use.

Cheers

MS

[QUOTE
Part no is B67660114 retail £149.17 Forum price £134.24inc vat[/QUOTE]

There was one on ebay, two weeks ago, it went for under thirty quid.

[QUOTE

There was one on ebay, two weeks ago, it went for under thirty quid.[/QUOTE]

I had a good think prior to getting a dog guard for my W164.
The current one does leave some big Terrier (or headless dog!) ;) size holes at the sides, so I decided to get the earlier W163 type.
The rails are too long on this (the 163 being squarer and wider at the top) but it's only a few minutes job to remove the tubes for the net, take off the ends and saw a few inches from the tubes. Re-assemble at you have a net which gets much closer to the 'C' pillars and avoids any gaps for small terrorists!:)
If you add this to the fact that the W163 type cost just £20 on ebay. I'm happy.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom