More than just a key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wear gloves:D :D
Yup and just sit there:devil: :devil: the car would be immobilised

Remember driving is a priviledge and not a right

John

it gets better. Although not yet enabled in the uk BMW's which have integrated phones include a sim card, which enable a dealership to interrogate the car remotely. So the dealership would know the fault code before the car arrives...

it gets better. Although not yet enabled in the uk BMW's which have integrated phones include a sim card, which enable a dealership to interrogate the car remotely. So the dealership would know the fault code before the car arrives...

Old hat I'm afraid....

ONStar and ONStar 2 are very integrated telematic systems - this currently respond to various actions (airbag triggering, for example) and can arrange dispatch of emergency vehicles to the scene if the operator can't contact you. Next gen system will be monitoring other events and are planned to give the option of contacting the dealer, together with all the fault codes and other vehicle info.

Best bit is losing your car in the vast parking mall - call em up and they can flash the lights so that you can find it. Can even unlock the car if you've lockedf your key inside (but cannot remotely override the immobiliser)

I could go further with these suggestions but I fear *** and recycled might die of heart attacks:) :) :)

Over to the 'anti brigade' :D

Have a nice day
Regards
John

Aaaargggggh. clutches chest !!! clutches chest !!!!!!!!!!!! ambulance en route:D :D :D .Oh sorry it was just an itch on my chest

I think the fingerprint one is already available as far back as 2002. it is offered as an anti theft device linked to the immobilizer, but you have to ask for it yourself though.

I am with you on the drink drive/ insurance thing though, as that would actually prevent a crime, which is driving under the influence and twoc but CCTV will not actually stop the crime.

This smart key would.
and it would not involve filling anyones coffers with cash.

BTW did anyone see the horse yesterday on the new drinking beer in the pub?
Now if the horse is a vehicle, and the rider goes on it when the horse is above the limit, who gets charged. the horse or the rider?

Last edited:

Old hat I'm afraid....

ONStar and ONStar 2 are very integrated telematic systems - this currently respond to various actions (airbag triggering, for example) and can arrange dispatch of emergency vehicles to the scene if the operator can't contact you. Next gen system will be monitoring other events and are planned to give the option of contacting the dealer, together with all the fault codes and other vehicle info.

Best bit is losing your car in the vast parking mall - call em up and they can flash the lights so that you can find it. Can even unlock the car if you've locked your key inside (but cannot remotely override the immobiliser).

I'm not aware of any implementation outside of the US, but lots of interesting stuff going on in this space.

I am with you on the drink drive/ insurance thing though, as that would actually prevent a crime, which is driving under the influence and twoc but CCTV will not actually stop the crime.

This smart key would.

Wear gloves.

For every prevetative neasure that john thinks up, a criminal will think up a method to get round it - for example car has finger printing emobaliser, mugger wants to steal it, he has knife, he cuts ***'s hand off to enable the finger printer and drives off. Before I'd just lose the key, not the whole hand.

I want to drink drive, car brethalises me before I drive, I store a clean sample in a baloon and release that into the car breathaliser.

You see that anyone with half a brain cell will hack into, defeat the technological barrier that is laid infront of them. The over regulate, the over nanny approach won't work for those who want to flount the law.

John tells me to wake up and live in the real world, this is it. The law abiding get hindered and the lawless carry on as usual.

Wear gloves.

For every prevetative neasure that john thinks up, a criminal will think up a method to get round it - for example car has finger printing emobaliser, mugger wants to steal it, he has knife, he cuts ***'s hand off to enable the finger printer and drives off. Before I'd just lose the key, not the whole hand..

will be hard to cut it off if the hand belongs to stephen french

Wear gloves.

For every prevetative neasure that john thinks up, a criminal will think up a method to get round it - for example car has finger printing emobaliser, mugger wants to steal it, he has knife, he cuts ***'s hand off to enable the finger printer and drives off. Before I'd just lose the key, not the whole hand..
I am in awful pain today and your post has really made me laugh. The only down side being that it hurts even more when I laugh, but I thank.... you.:D :D Ouch

Thanks for making me laugh

Regards
John

ps

Most criminals have saw dust where we have brains. I have heard of criminals being knocked out by the rock they throw at plate glass windows. I have heard of criminals compalining about goods not working that they have shop lifted. I ahve heard of criminals locking themselves into properties they break into.

It is VERY rare to have a criminal that has an IQ higher than an accountant:devil: :devil: ;) (return compliment of humour)

Bye again

Most criminals have saw dust where we have brains. I have heard of criminals being knocked out by the rock they throw at plate glass windows. I have heard of criminals compalining about goods not working that they have shop lifted. I ahve heard of criminals locking themselves into properties they break into.

It is VERY rare to have a criminal that has an IQ higher than an accountant:devil: :devil: ;) (return compliment of humour)

Bye again

I wouldn't be so sure....

You've clearly missed the gist of my post too. Someone who wants to flount the system will, be that in car breathalysers etc, whilst the rest of us suffer. Gatso speed cameras being an obvious one, why do brake lights miraculously appear near them, then once they're past the camera zone people speed up. You'll solution will be SPECS cameras everywhere, great I'll do a ton for the fun of it (no rhime intended) then pull up on the hardshoulder for a few mins to bring down average speed. Who suffers, the sneaky crim or the rest of us who are spied on.

Anyway all this will give you too much to chuckle about in one go, so I'll save some more for later ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom