MP banned for no insurance or MOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He got off extremely lightly, especially given that an MP would be expected to have a modicum of intelligence..

MOT you can sort of understand, loads of people forget. Until they dont offer a FREE reminder service, this will be ongoing forever.
The amount of people who come in to us with MOT's that ran out months ago...

Insurance is one you cant excuse as they would have contacted him at renewal time surely... unless they mean that his insurance was invalid as he had no MOT?

The renewal letter for my SLK stated that my renewal date was 25th October, and that my cover "will run out on 25/10/12 unless you contact us to renew." So I contacted them yesterday evening, only to be told that it had actually run out at midnight on the 24th. Luckily I hadn't driven the car that day, but if I had, and I'd been stopped...

jaymanek said:
MOT you can sort of understand, loads of people forget. Until they dont offer a FREE reminder service, this will be ongoing forever.
The amount of people who come in to us with MOT's that ran out months ago...

Insurance is one you cant excuse as they would have contacted him at renewal time surely... unless they mean that his insurance was invalid as he had no MOT?

I had an interesting one with one of my cars which was insured with quotemehappy which at the time of taking the policy gave me an option to auto renew or not, something I have never been asked at that stage of a policy. I took the option not to auto renew and received no renewal quote at all the next year, in fact if it was not for the fact that the tax fell due at the same time I would have completely forgot and would have been without insurance. I don't know if this is their policy or if it was just bad luck or poor data that caused what could have been a problem for me.

A ban, while thoroughly justified, seems a lot more severe than the chavs routinely featured on police car chase programmes receive. They usually get 6 points and a £200 fine. Not a bad return when their insurance would be in the order of £2000.

A ban, while thoroughly justified, seems a lot more severe than the chavs routinely featured on police car chase programmes receive. They usually get 6 points and a £200 fine. Not a bad return when their insurance would be in the order of £2000.

He's a bit of a scofflaw, he already had 6 points for speeding.

Ah, that explains the ban. Make his renewal interesting:)

It'll no don't be covered by "expences"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom