MP Design steering wheel fitted to the E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scorcher

Car
2004 E55 AMG
Have always been jealous of Nick's Black Series steering wheel

MyCLK006-1.jpg

...and although it is just about possible to fit one to the E55, it's a major electronics and guts swap, as well as needing a different airbag - and that's something I definitely want to work in a 500 bhp + car :rolleyes:

The standard AMG wheel is fine, but just - meh

There are a few options, but as with every mod on my car (it seems!), they don't come cheap - Kleemann, Renntech, Lorinser all make replacement wheels, but they are all well over £1k each :eek:

Discovered that MP Design manufacture the Renntech wheel - Renntech just badge it and add a few hundred dollars - so quest to find a MP wheel was on.

Wasn't too long when a second hand one, with black birdseye maple inserts came up on MBWorld.org - managed to snaffle it, and had it fitted today by Adam at Mayfield Garage...

mpfitted2.jpg

mpfitted1.jpg

...it's much thicker than the OEM one, with wonderful tactile grips, and is just what the interior needed IMHO :cool:

(The photos make it look a little brown, but it matches the interior strips just fine in the flesh)

Now I just need some paddles to replace those gear shift buttons...

Always been a fan of BEM wheels and this one looks amazing.

I have Birds Eye Maple and black leather too - it is really nice - quite sensual and very tactile. Looks great :bannana: :rock:

Very nice. Defo need the bling (Ali) paddleshift to finish it off. See set at AGE styling on ebay.

Very nice wheel but then I'm biased :D

P7160097.jpg

What is the little screen at the bottom right of the windscreen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom